Never argue with an idiot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is off topic, sometimes there is some really funny and entertaining stuff going on.

C5, I didn’t know that you were into Vette’s, you might Like this

86C7CDE3-6DF9-477C-8F93-92D1A8BCA1FB.jpeg

She’s a 1968 Stevens 17’ Flat Bottom, “SK” class racing hull, with a Corvette Spec’d 327 and a “V Drive”

We drove down to Gardena, CA 2 weeks before my 3rd Birthday, and picked her up at the Factory

Mom is the Original Owner, and just handed “Plum Crazy” down to me on Father’s Day. Mom handed me a plain white envelope, when I opened it, and found the paperwork signing her over to Me, I just stood there Speechless, didn’t expect that at all

she has been in storage for about 6-7 years, I siphoned the old fuel out of her tanks, gave her an oil change, and a thorough inspection, and we had her out on the water for the first time last Thursday, spent 4 nights camping on McGuire Island on the Columbia River.

The sound of that 327 was Music to my ears, that I hadn’t heard in way too long

The Old Girl is 52 years old, and still turns plenty of heads on the ramp and at the Beach

Doug :cheers:

C5, I didn’t know that you were into Vette’s, you might Like this

View attachment 851460

She’s a 1968 Stevens 17’ Flat Bottom, “SK” class racing hull, with a Corvette Spec’d 327 and a “V Drive”

We drove down to Gardena, CA 2 weeks before my 3rd Birthday, and picked her up at the Factory

Mom is the Original Owner, and just handed “Plum Crazy” down to me on Father’s Day. Mom handed me a plain white envelope, when I opened it, and found the paperwork signing her over to Me, I just stood there Speechless, didn’t expect that at all

she has been in storage for about 6-7 years, I siphoned the old fuel out of her tanks, gave her an oil change, and a thorough inspection, and we had her out on the water for the first time last Thursday, spent 4 nights camping on McGuire Island on the Columbia River.

The sound of that 327 was Music to my ears, that I hadn’t heard in way too long

The Old Girl is 52 years old, and still turns plenty of heads on the ramp and at the Beach

Doug :cheers:
A beauty there.

I am on another forum, (not firewood) and this guy posts this video of cutting down a tree.

I made the following comment:

Wow, just wow?????

It is amazing more people don't kill themselves cutting down trees.

No face cut, No PPE, absolutely clueless of proper hinge technique and we won't go into the electric chainsaw.

Surprisingly enough, things went downhill from there.
:picard:

See here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/off-topic/4434296-the-things-i-do-for-barbecue.html

I'd needed a good laugh :laugh: . Noticed he made sure he was a long ways off in case things went sideways. Yeah there was a tiny wedge cut...on the side he was cut from. They did a face actually but the back cut was 3-4 inches lower than the face for that perfect Hinge.
tenor.gif

I'm not exactly sure how safety and political affiliation are related, but I guess I must be a liberal too because I agree with C5 that this guy is an idiot. See you at the Biden rally C5.

I'm not exactly sure how safety and political affiliation are related, but I guess I must be a liberal too because I agree with C5 that this guy is an idiot. See you at the Biden rally C5.

Might have to pass on the Biden rally, maybe when he debates the President.

Well, to be honest, we all start out knowing nothing. He's not completely clueless. The straps help control the direction of fall (which are needed when there is no face cut!), and he was smart enough to run (although it wasn't the 'proper' direction). It wasn't going to fall any other direction anyway, so I'd say he did all right.

And an electric chainsaw still gets the job done. My first saw was electric, and I cut quite a bit with that thing before it died. It's the right saw for that guy's skill level.

Of course, there are better and safer ways to take that thing down, but he did all right.
I agree we all have to start somewhere and hopefully listen to others advice. I am ashamed of things I did when I was younger and glad I didn't have videos of it! I seem to recall a big ash tree I cut with a Poulon Wild Thing and a rope tied to my trucks bumper with a winch. All ended well, but I'm sure there were some neighbors that questioned my skills.......

I do think he had a face cut - can see it after it fell, but he cut under it with the back cut.

Honestly if I didn't have a ton of ash trees to cut I wouldn't know how to do it or when to call a bucket truck in. If I sold it and didn't burn it I'd be selling 3 week old wood. I dont sell wood. I gave my rope to my dad yesterday, it was a half inch double braid polyester rope to replace whatever POS he broke from harborfreight and destroyed a bar. Now i have a 3/4 double braid and what was I thinking, its huge. I take this tree stuff way to seriously. Ive messed up to many times to say "I know what I'm doing" and make sure I really have control over the situation or I pay for help. Anyone can run a chainsaw lol.

Back