• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Want to Sell NEW 2019 HUSQVARNA 3120XP CHAINSAW POWERHEAD $1399 USD SHIPPED

thechainsawguy

thechainsawguy

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Website
thechainsawguy.ca
This may have been covered before and I apologize if it was But are these strato engines?

Hi, no these are regular motors. Not Strato.

Thanks
Dave
Not Strato motors. Just regular, like they have been for a decade or more except now a fixed jet carb on one needle as a change and lower rpm limited coil. Pretty much the same otherwise.

Dave

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Not Strato motors. Just regular, like they have been for a decade or more except now a fixed jet carb on one needle as a change and lower rpm limited coil. Pretty much the same otherwise.

Dave
That makes me want one even more...

If this sale is still here in about a year i may do it

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
have no worries dude. you will be taken care of
Yep, Dave is a Very Reputable seller.

I bought my 3120XP from him, and have been Very Happy with it

Note, Ignore the owners manual about using Choke AND Throttle Lock for Cold starts.

Choke ON, Throttle Lock OFF

about 3 pulls, she will snort,

Choke OFF

2-3 pulls she will wake the county:)

Try the above first, your saw may like something different, I just about had a coronary trying to start that Beast using the Choke and Throttle lock, which is what my "Old Reliable" 266XP LIKES, but not the 3120XP. Even with the decomp valve pulling on that thing very many times will flat wear you out

Doug :cheers:

goncalo alves

goncalo alves

ArboristSite Lurker
Received, thanks Dave. Forgive my questions because I'm new to professional grade saws but when I move the saw side to side, it sounds like something rattling inside. I haven't done anything besides admire the heft. I'm ordering the bar and chains today.

I'll read through the manual and try to go through the saw as much as I can while I wait on the bar/chain.

RedFir Down

RedFir Down

Addicted to ArboristSite
Received, thanks Dave. Forgive my questions because I'm new to professional grade saws but when I move the saw side to side, it sounds like something rattling inside. I haven't done anything besides admire the heft. I'm ordering the bar and chains today.

I'll read through the manual and try to go through the saw as much as I can while I wait on the bar/chain.
More than likely you are hearing the fuel filter move around in the tank.
Open the cap and have a look. It's a weighted fuel filter with a flexible hose so it falls to the bottom of the tank in what ever position the saw is in.

goncalo alves

goncalo alves

ArboristSite Lurker
More than likely you are hearing the fuel filter move around in the tank.
Open the cap and have a look. It's a weighted fuel filter with a flexible hose so it falls to the bottom of the tank in what ever position the saw is in.
Thanks, that was one of the sounds. There is also a rattling near the front of the saw. Any suggestions on what to check?

RedFir Down

RedFir Down

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks, that was one of the sounds. There is also a rattling near the front of the saw. Any suggestions on what to check?
Do you have a bar and chain on it yet?
If you don't it could be the clutch drum / sprocket moving around a little which is normal.

If that's not it try moving it around and looking it over real well.

thechainsawguy

thechainsawguy

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Website
thechainsawguy.ca
Hi. That would be the bar oil filter pick up. Again a tube with a metal piece sliding around. Once filled with oil that sound should disappear.

Be safe. Enjoy.
Dave