• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NEW 2022 BUILD HUSQVARNA 3120XP CHAINSAW POWERHEAD $1699 USD SHIPPED

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend that wants to buy an 880...$2200 or so. These 3120's are for real and available? I'll convince him!

I have a friend that wants to buy an 880...$2200 or so. These 3120's are for real and available? I'll convince him!
By the way, I have two. One's mated to an Alpine Magnum Stump grinder. The other was ported by the infamous Dennis Greffard out of Clearwater, BC, way back in 2002. IT's still a beast. ported using Ken Dunn's (legendary Cal saw builder) numbers. Surely pulling 13 hp. To see it in action go to youtube.com/rbtree and search for 2002 Tree Work. Halfway through is the Squeeze Play clip, which got me and Dave Stice a tad bit famous!

If I can't convince him to buy a 3120 from ya, do you have 880's..and, if so, how mucho dinero?

As I have posted before, I have bought a 3120 from Dave, as have several other AS members, Dave is a Reputable seller, you will get what you order from Dave.

I bought mine from him through ebay, the same price, but $89 shipping, he currently shows 121 sold through ebay.

Dave is a stand up up seller that I would buy from again without any hesitation

Doug :cheers:

I’ve purchased a few saws from Dave, and I’ll be getting more from him. Not one single thing to worry about, never any issues or delays.

Yep, she’s a LOT of saw;) used it for awhile for larger firewood when the 266XP was my next biggest saw, lot of Fun bucking 34” Douglas Fir into firewood rounds, but it was on the ground, so I would cut 7/8 through with the 3120, then roll the log and finish with an up cut. Didn’t take many up cuts to put the 3120 down and pick up the 266 to finish the cuts

Now, I also have a 390XP and a 395XP, so the 3120 is almost exclusively used for milling now, but it is an Impressive saw, and well suited to milling, I have no regrets buying it, or buying it from Dave, I would Highly Recommend both the Saw and the Seller, they have both treated me well

Once you figure out just what your saw likes, it isn’t a bad starting saw, ya just gotta figure out how make her Smile and Giggle

Doug :cheers:
Pardon my ignorance, but do you use the same bar for bucking/falling as well as milling? I know a ripping chain is best used for milling purposes versus a regular one but can you buck and fell using a ripping chain as well or do I need to get multiple bars and multiple chains for multiple purposes? Thanks

Pardon my ignorance, but do you use the same bar for bucking/falling as well as milling? I know a ripping chain is best used for milling purposes versus a regular one but can you buck and fell using a ripping chain as well or do I need to get multiple chains for multiple purposes? Thanks
Pardon my ignorance, but do you use the same bar for bucking/falling as well as milling? I know a ripping chain is best used for milling purposes versus a regular one but can you buck and fell using a ripping chain as well or do I need to get multiple bars and multiple chains for multiple purposes? Thanks
No you just need to change your chain. You can use the same bar.
thanks

Back