• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NEW 2022 BUILD HUSQVARNA 3120XP CHAINSAW POWERHEAD $1759 USD SHIPPED

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested in buying a new 3120. Do you sell bars too? I’m going to be using this for milling slabs. Looking for something like 48”. Thanks!

I am interested in buying a new 3120. Do you sell bars too? I’m going to be using this for milling slabs. Looking for something like 48”. Thanks!

BoonDoc, Dave is a Reputable Seller, I bought my 3120XP from him, and I would buy from him again

I use my 3120 for milling, it is an Excellent Choice for milling, just remember, you typically need 6-8" more Bar than the width you will be milling, ask me how I know ;), that is a common mistake to those new to milling, guilty as charged :)

There are a few things you can do to get more milling width of any given bar, such as removing the falling/buckingDawgs, and drilling through the nose sprocket center, then bolting rather than clamping the nose end of the bar

But to use the saw and Bar as stock, add at least 6" or so to your bar length to maximize the milling width of your mill

Doug :cheers:

Hi l do have Oregon bars but only up to 42. Best to find that 48 elsewhere. You can let me know if you prefer 3/8 ths or 404 drive sprocket left on the saw. Thanks

Dave

Anyone have a slightly used 60” bar for a good price? I didn’t realize they were so expensive!
:envy:

Anyone have a slightly used 60” bar for a good price? I didn’t realize they were so expensive!
:envy:

I don't know what you consider Expensive or a Good Price, for New try Alamia in Denver

www.alamia.us

For the Husqvarna "Branded" bars by GB I felt their prices were Good

HUS HT343-128 44" $210

HUS HT343-172 60" $300

Unfortunately the HUS HT343-140 50" seems to be Unavailable ANYWHERE, but their price was $235 when they had them, I waited too long to order mine :(

The HUS HT343-190 72" was a bit spends at $475, but that is the best price that I have seen on those

These are the Titanium/ Steel Alloy bars, .404 pitch, .063 Gauge

Albania ships Quickly, and orders over $49 ship FREE

I bought my 44" and 60" from them, would like to get the 50" if they get them back in stock

I was planning on getting a 395XP, and that's what I decided on, until a few hours after I messaged Dave. I checked the local dealer here, The best they would do was about $1550, that would be pushing $1700 with tax. I was worried about warranty, I mentioned something about warranty and buying the extra oil to get it extended at the local dealer, he said there warranty should be taken with a grain of salt, that they didn't cover much and was very pick, and basically if it breaks, it probably because of something you did. I have looked and done a shi-t load of searching about problems with these and 395xp, very little bad seems to be out there. Dave said he's sold over 100 of these and never hears of any problems. I don't doubt it! So.... instead of the 395xp, which probably would have been just fine on a 36" alaskan mill, I decided to go ahead and get one of these. Not much more than what the 395xp would have been, and a bunch more power. It's on the way and look forward to getting it and cuttin' me some wood!!

Thank you Dave!!!

You mmm, mmm, make me happy!

Simple Jack, that is, my story word for word, I was seriously looking at the 395XP, then found Dave, and the small difference in price, made a 3120XP from Dave a "No Brainer", I have been Very Happy with the saw, and Dave is a Great seller, and his price is even better now than when I bought mine.

$300 for a 60” bar is better than $495. I’ll look into that. Is there any difference between the European and US versions of the 3120?

I'm not sure on these models, our version has a High speed jet fixed, and I'm guessing that the holes on the exhaust are more restricted because of EPA rules and regulations. The Sthil saws are like that so I guessing that the Husqvarna are like that too. In the specifications manuals on Sthil all the European versions have higher HP or Kw listed, I believe they still do? They should be almost identical, except the muffler, and maybe the carburetor?

I looked at the Eurpean United Kingdon, Canada, and USA Specs on the saws and they are all listed the same power rating, and it said they have a fixed high speed jet also, so I am assuming they are all the same. I did however see they listed two different oil mixes in the United Kingdon manual one was listed for 50:1 Husqvarna fuel and oil, then they had a listing for a 2 stroke oil 33:1. I find that a little interesting?

$300 for a 60” bar is better than $495. I’ll look into that. Is there any difference between the European and US versions of the 3120?

BoonDoc, The Pic in my Avatar is of the 3120XP, that I bought from Dave, with my 60" bar from Alamia mounted.

35463294_176975206325738_4199743193828294656_o.jpg

This may be a little easier to see

The Alamia website showed the List price as $300, and the current price as $310:confused: when I bought mine, but they charged me the $300 "List" price :):):), it was showing the same the last time I looked, and again, orders over $49 ship FREE:dancing:

I have had Good experiences with both Dave, and Alamia, and would buy from either again.

If Alamia gets the 50" back in stock, I will Definitely be buying from them again. The 50" wont quite max out my 48" mill, but is a better fit than the 44" bar I have that I now use for the 36" mill,.

The 50" would be "Close enough" for my 48" mill, because if the couple extra inches makes the difference, I can go to the 60" bar on either the 48", or 60" Mills, and I don't expect to ever need more than the 52-54" milling width of the 60" mill, but then again, 3 years ago, my 266XP and 23 Compact top handle saws were all that I "THOUGHT" I Needed;)

I don't know what you consider Expensive or a Good Price, for New try Alamia in Denver

www.alamia.us

For the Husqvarna "Branded" bars by GB I felt their prices were Good

HUS HT343-128 44" $210

HUS HT343-172 60" $300

Unfortunately the HUS HT343-140 50" seems to be Unavailable ANYWHERE, but their price was $235 when they had them, I waited too long to order mine :(

The HUS HT343-190 72" was a bit spends at $475, but that is the best price that I have seen on those

These are the Titanium/ Steel Alloy bars, .404 pitch, .063 Gauge

Albania ships Quickly, and orders over $49 ship FREE

I bought my 44" and 60" from them, would like to get the 50" if they get them back in stock

I go to that site and can't find the 60" bar. I searched by model number as well as trying to sort through their bars. I don't see any so not sure what I am doing wrong.

Husqhawk8, I just talked on the phone with Mike at Alamia, He can order an Ht343-172, the Husqvarna BRANDED bar produced by GB, that is a 60", .404 Pitch, .063 Gauge Titanium Steel Alloy bar.

Mike said he could order one, but didn't have any IN STOCK

He quoted a price of $349.95, if you are still interested, I would give him a call sooner rather than later

Unfortunately, the 50" HT343-140, that I am looking for, seems to be out of production, and Dayumed Hard to find:(, 2 weeks before I decided to get the 50", there were 3 different places on line listing them in stock, including Alamia, then I go to order one, and there's None to be found :confused::(

I may have to go with the Cannon, not that there's anything wrong with that, I really like the Husky bars by GB, and having the 44" and the 60", I was really hoping to get the matching 50".

You Know being a matching bar, it will Cut BETTER, just like those Trucks with all that Chrome climb the hills FASTER;):)

This may have been covered before and I apologize if it was But are these strato engines?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Back