New 3120XP received today!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I have never measured it. You may be right but I thought the very old ones we like 12K, newer were 10.5k and the new ones are like 9k to protect the crank. I probably should fire it up and slap a tach on it one of these days.

What!? They are both adjustable high and low, two jet screws seen here in this video. Am I missing something?

Simple jack, you absolutely need to get a tuning screw driver for that saw, this is one baby you don’t want to **** up running lean it’s too much money. Do some searching on tuning, imo you should practice on a poulan before you do it on this saw :)
You sound like you jumped right in to a John Deere excavator in which you have no idea on how to mechanically keep up said excavator lol. I mean no offence by this , just do some research before you potentially ruin an amazing saw.

Yes you missed it alright, the 3120 has a fixed main jet & an adjustable L jet & Idle screw.

I got a chance to use it for a few hours during the last couple days. It is a beast!! Just trying to get a few hours on it before milling. I fell a half rotten tree, and was hacking away at a couple other that had been on the ground for awhile. With the 24" bar on it cutting those small trees I could barely give it any gas, it was cutting right through them!!! Lots of power!!!

Back