New 372XP xtorq floods out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtheo

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This is a new saw purchased last week. The first thing that I learned is do not use the decomp or it will flood. Today,I did not use the decomp and it flooded anyway. I have had 3 different 372XPs' old edition and never had this problem. Is this common in the xtorq? This saw was built in 2020.

If I screw up my starting procedure mine will flood. I didn’t use my decomp either until it broke in because it would really flood.

If I screw up my starting procedure mine will flood. I didn’t use my decomp either until it broke in because it would really flood.
How long should it take for this saw to break in? Right now it has nowhere near the resistance on the starter pull as my 357XP or the 346XP. It just seems to lack compression.

Only time it should flood is if you start it and forgot to put the off switch back to on. i'd make sure all the nuts/bolt are tight and choke isn't binding in any way. When it floods can you still start it by engaging the chain brake, and pulling the cord while pressing the throttle in?

Only time it should flood is if you start it and forgot to put the off switch back to on. i'd make sure all the nuts/bolt are tight and choke isn't binding in any way. When it floods can you still start it by engaging the chain brake, and pulling the cord while pressing the throttle in?
I will give that a try tomorrow. Thanks

If it is over 55 60 degrees my buddies xtorq will flood out with the choke on. He has to put the choke on 2 pulls max take it off and it will start right up.

Thank you for all the help. Today it is choke out one pull. Then choke in one pull and the saw starts and runs like a 372XP should. I have been off the forum for a while after an injury, but this is still the same group of helpful guys that have helped me so much in the past. It is also good to use the 372XP again.
After the injury I sold a 372XPW 75cc top end, ported cylinder base shaved, black coil, dual ports on the muffler and limiters trimmed. A real ripper. That one went to a member in Arkansas.

This is a new saw purchased last week. The first thing that I learned is do not use the decomp or it will flood. Today,I did not use the decomp and it flooded anyway. I have had 3 different 372XPs' old edition and never had this problem. Is this common in the xtorq? This saw was built in 2020.
Interesting. I have a new 2021 372XP X-Torq and after maybe 5 hours on it, I starting having this flooding problem. I've had to pull the plug out and blow the excess fuel out of the cylinder to get it to start. Seemed like if it didn't pop on about the first pull w/choke on, this would happen. Since there's no primer on these, I was thinking that maybe it's self-priming and wondered if there's any way of adjusting that, but I'm just speculating.

Latest posts

Back