New 550xp mark II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know of any Husky, let alone an XP, that has a plastic clutch cover. They are aluminum.
Do you have one or know this for sure, or just guessing based on what you've seen in the past?
You're already wrong on the no husky has a plastic cover part.

I was going to buy the autotune tool and SW and then read you have to have an active dealer login for it to work. It's not like you can change settings and hose the saw. WTF! Annoying.

I did buy the autotune setup. I had login info to start with and it still shows me error codes and time running. Comes in handy when going out to look at a used saw that was “ barely ran” than the hour meter on my laptop either agrees or not?
I did upgrade my CS2260 once or twice
When I upgraded the carb. Being a retired EE design guy it does payoff having the tools and knowledge .
I have a laptop running Mercedes Stars tools and at first I wondered how much I would use it but it paid for itself on one chassis suspension rebuild job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 1985 Husqvarna 50 with magnesium crankcase and a PLASTIC clutch cover. Saw has been run a lot and never melted.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I think they're just messing around or something, sure theres at least 7 or 8 in the basement right now and at least 4 are pro saws and one of the pro saws is a husky. If not they're trying to look it up right now :badpc:.

maybe melt is worst case but not that stable was what i wanted to say ;)

don't wanted to hurt feelings of owners of chainsaws with plastic cover...

maybe melt is worst case but not that stable was what i wanted to say ;)

don't wanted to hurt feelings of owners of chainsaw with plastic cover...
The plastic ones that usually melt are the ones the exhaust goes thru like on most all the top handle saws, other than that they typically melt when they get run with the brake on.
Stability is not a problem from what I've seen, but some have complained about the look of some of them on the 200t as they open up at the front on top a little.
Manufactures these days are doing whatever they can to lighten things up, look at the stihl offering in this class of saw ;).
I'm glad husky beefed this one up, I'm a fan of the 254 and I feel this is going to be a similar saw with all the modern features and it won't drink fuel like a 2 series and it's even a little lighter than they were. Only one thing not to like about the Mark II as far as I can see right now.

Do you have one or know this for sure, or just guessing based on what you've seen in the past?
You're already wrong on the no husky has a plastic cover part.
I have a 550xp and know it is metal. All of the Huskies I have owned were metal. I haven't seen an XP that was not metal. I can also tell with high certainty from the photo because I have a lot of experience with mechanical design.

Ok maybe something old, or a cheap electric saw was plastic. I give up though, which were they?

Interesting saw, you sure you didn't take a 660 cylinder and put it on there (look kinda like those Mahle straight fin ones)? Did you also get rid of the decomp valve? My 550xp is only 2 years old and works well so i'm having a tough time justifying buying the Mark II, although my dealer said they could notice more power when they ran it.

I’ll run it tomorrow.

11 lbs 13 oz o_O
vs
10 lbs 8 oz for the 261 c-m :innocent:

Looks like the cylinder position has much more space between it and the carb - should definitely cut down on heat soak.
Am I right in guessing the sweet spot is still 16" / 18" bar? .325 chain?
Wondering if the MKII extra grunt *might make 16" 3/8 chain decent? I would prefer to also run 3/8 like my 562xp if no performance hit.

11 lbs 13 oz o_O
vs
10 lbs 8 oz for the 261 c-m :innocent:

Looks like the cylinder position has much more space between it and the carb - should definitely cut down on heat soak.
Am I right in guessing the sweet spot is still 16" / 18" bar? .325 chain?
Wondering if the MKII extra grunt *might make 16" 3/8 chain decent? I would prefer to also run 3/8 like my 562xp if no performance hit.
Maybe the III will have a plastic clutch cover :innocent:.
Why wouldn't it run a 16x3/8, what are you cutting up there that the previous 550 won't cut with a 16x3/8 o_O.

Back