New Bar- Old Saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys- that makes me feel much better now.
Truth of the matter is, I already own the 36" bar and chain combo that only has a few (less than 10) hours on it, but it might just be the perfect fit and it did cost more than the powerhead I am going to bolt it to.
Where do you find $70 bars? Over here you would be lucky to score an 18" Asian laminated budget bar for that kind of money! :laugh:

I got an 18 inch Husqvana bar for a 350 Husky project I'm playing with for around 45 dollars at Tractor Supply...a box store we have over here. I get a great discount at the OPE store near me....the owner was one of my students in a previous life when I taught High School. An Oregon chisel chain that lists for $35 I get for $25. I hate safety chains, so all of my good safety chains that come on saws, get sold with a saw, and I put new chisel chain on saws I plan to keep for a while.

I got an 18 inch Husqvana bar for a 350 Husky project I'm playing with for around 45 dollars at Tractor Supply...a box store we have over here. I get a great discount at the *** store near me....the owner was one of my students in a previous life when I taught High School. An Oregon chisel chain that lists for $35 I get for $25. I hate safety chains, so all of my good safety chains that come on saws, get sold with a saw, and I put new chisel chain on saws I plan to keep for a while.

If I do not allow an exchange rate difference for dollar values- a $75ish bar & chain set for a 350 here can be gotten- it will just have a name like Cannan- not Cannon, not even a laminated Oregon rebranded Husqvarna.
36" Sugi Hara standard weight, Oregon chisel full comp chain = $250:00
36"Tsu Mura Light & Tough, Oregon chisel full comp chain = $350:00
Cannon retail about the same as the Tsu Mura.
Oregon, Carlton Pro, about the same as the Sugi Hara.

Thanks guys- that makes me feel much better now.
Truth of the matter is, I already own the 36" bar and chain combo that only has a few (less than 10) hours on it, but it might just be the perfect fit and it did cost more than the powerhead I am going to bolt it to.
Where do you find $70 bars? Over here you would be lucky to score an 18" Asian laminated budget bar for that kind of money! [emoji23]
I became a Tsumura dealer to get deals on bars and chains because i buy so many for myself and my shop...i paid like 90 for a 36" bar and 2 archer chains shipped.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I've bought a whole saw before just for the bar.

I will admit- I have done the same.
In fact did so just before New Years- bought an old 650 Mac, then told the seller to take off the bar and chain- send those to me and re-advertise the powerhead! :laugh:
He did just that and doubled his money.

I became a Tsumura dealer to get deals on bars and chains because i buy so many for myself and my shop...i paid like 90 for a 36" bar and 2 archer chains shipped.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Yep, we can get Archer chain for peanuts here- their bars as well.

Latest posts

Back