New biljax lift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had a demo of that unit!! reminds me of a timberjack!! I didnt care for it...........battery unit with engine another hybrid that you need to plug in to charge batts as the engine will only do so much!!

It needs about 5-6ft more of reach & then it would be a decent lift, I liked driven it better than flyin it.........it will move & climb.

LXT.........

biljax

LXT what do you think of the biljax 55/33 I got a call today about the unit from the dealer. I should have asked about demoing the unit but forgot to. It has a 61ft reach, but I think that it might be a hybrid as well. I think that all of the new units are going that way.

I called nift today also. the nifty 64 is no longer being made right now. It is supposed to be reintroduced next year. I guess that they are redesignng the outriggers and working some things over. I wonder if they have had problems with them. That is a unit that I was seriously looking at but not now I guess.

LXT what do you think of the biljax 55/33 I got a call today about the unit from the dealer. I should have asked about demoing the unit but forgot to. It has a 61ft reach, but I think that it might be a hybrid as well. I think that all of the new units are going that way.

I called nift today also. the nifty 64 is no longer being made right now. It is supposed to be reintroduced next year. I guess that they are redesignng the outriggers and working some things over. I wonder if they have had problems with them. That is a unit that I was seriously looking at but not now I guess.

yeah.....most are going hybrid to get the EPA emission approval, I understand that!! I just think when you throw another function into the mix it creates problems.

I wasnt aware of the Nifty 64 issue, that makes me rethink their product entirely, unless it was a height/structure issue.....scary!! Ill have to ask when I demo the sd50.

Biljax has been around along time, I like there stuff!! I just dont like the hybrid thing!! The X-boom 45 is pretty cool.....I told the guy if it had my genies height & the option of battery/gas/diesel I would probably get it, Im thinking they will make some improvements to this unit, the height issue is being discussed due to competition already having taller lift.

The 55/33 im not familiar with, the older XL45`s were a nice unit, I think when the lift is a tow behind it is structurally better, I made comment about Nifty putting a tow behind on a self propelled frame & its strange that the 64 is now outta service.....Biljax didnt do this look at their self propelled models as compared to their towable design......that X-boom 45 is nice!! I just hate the hybrid....I guess ill have to get over it though!! like you said everyone is doing this.

Honestly the only thing keeping me from the X-boom is height!! the hybrid thing is a concern, but............Ill have to get use to it, its the future!

LXT.........

tm 64

hey guys the tm 64 is going for redesign like all lifts do after being on the market for awhile.bil jax just redesigned and is called the summit series.I have got the sd 50 and it is the best piece of equipment I ever bought.It is made like a tank its fast and you can get that lift anywhere you want.we just did a job had to go down steep hill full of mud and snow no problem getting down or up.there is a company in arizona lift right that has tm 64 diesel proportional hydralics for sale low hours call them I have had a couple different lifts nifty is the only one i will buy

hey guys the tm 64 is going for redesign like all lifts do after being on the market for awhile.bil jax just redesigned and is called the summit series.I have got the sd 50 and it is the best piece of equipment I ever bought.It is made like a tank its fast and you can get that lift anywhere you want.we just did a job had to go down steep hill full of mud and snow no problem getting down or up.there is a company in arizona lift right that has tm 64 diesel proportional hydralics for sale low hours call them I have had a couple different lifts nifty is the only one i will buy

I demoed sd 50 nifty lift was ok just height issue for me if you cant get close to the tree.4X4 was ok im not sure if it is slip posi or has a lock.You own it i think you said and like it from what i read.Any problems. Here is some pictures of nifty when i rented it http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=61316

RBG, welcome!! It will actually be nice to have a different lift dealer on board, couple questions: on the sd50 can you get an adjustable jib boom like on the 64? what are the options on these babies?

LXT...........Im still waiting for jerry to call me for my demo, I think he`s from the clevland area??

sd 50

Guys all I can say is that the nifty SD 50 can do everything and anything I put it through.What I love about it I can get it anywhere I want it on any terrain.It has a top speed of 3.5 mph it is 4 wheel drive it does not slip in the snow or mud.The lift sets up in about 10 sec.It is 5.3 ft wide 56 ft working height and 30ft side reach.I have increased my turn around time by least two hrs getting to a tree setting up and removing the lift from the site.I had a tow-able it would get stuck all the time you had to push it or wench it if it was in a back yard.If it rained and working on storm clean up you couldn't move it in the grass or even a slight up hill grade.I'm not a dealer I just got out of a bad deal with nothing but problems with a tow-able and did my homework.demoed a lot of units in my price range asked alot of questions service hybrids computer and battery ran units.I will not own another battery or computer controlled unit.The only way to go for simplicity serviceability and safety is proportional hydraulics.the engine runs the hydraulics and you can feather the speed of the lift.With battery and computer ran units I almost got throw en from the lift 3 times due to computer failure. be safe do you homework ask alot of questions and demo the unit before you buy it to see if it will fit your needs.

sd50017-1.jpg

this job I had no drop zone we had to place the lift behind a playground equipment this was a 70ft red oak we had no problem with reach or height with the lift.we were a minimum of 15ft away from the tree the lift speaks for its self.

sd 50

I have had absolutley no problems with lift had it for 3 months.It has started in this -20 degree weather and has ran perfect.this is the first time owning a lift that I didnt have to have it in the shop for something in the first month of owning it.It is very dependable I will post more pics of jobs we do so you can see the lift in action to see if it will meet your needs. lxt you know my situation with my other lift this is the only lift I would buy.Im telling you come up for a week and try it.you wont buy anything else.

Last edited:
fireman. do you have any large pruning jobs coming up? Like a 50-60ft tree with a canopy spread of 60ft. Id be interested to see pics of you doing this and see how long it takes you and in how many repositions of the machine.

Has that cable on the top of your upper boom got snagged yet?

Looks like a nice machine especially for the price. Glad you finally got a lift that is making you money instead of costing you money. Best of luck with it!

sd 50

john I have had no problems with snagging on the lines.the bucket sits higher than the lines.Its unbelievable how i can snake that machine in the canopy.We did a willow that was 70 ft tall and had a canopy about the same size.we had to repostion the machine once which took about 5 min.I will get more pics up .The legs set in about 5-10 sec and with the two speeds for climbing hills or traveling down the road or storm cleanup its fast like I said its saved us on time.When I start a second crew we will be getting the sd 64.hopefully end of this year.

Fireman, I did talk to the sales Rep for Nifty just minutes before this post, weather is a hold up, I told him I totally understand as he`s coming from about 3hrs away just to let me demo the unit.

Everything Fireman says about the computer/batt units is true thats why I shy away from them, My Genie is a computer driven machine & if it wasnt for me really asking questions & getting involved with certain fixes I would be out a lot of cash.......Today I just ordered a throttle solenoid spring & outrigger level sensor(1), If you buying a couple year old unit be prepared to work/maintain it.

Fireman......I gotta get up your way this summer, me & my wife are wanting a vacation so maybe on the way back through we`ll stop by!!

I do like the wheeled units nifty/biljax.....they have a good ground clearance & move fast!! Fireman I ve been reading the spec`s on the nifty does the 100 deg rotation hamper you at all?

LXT..................

This is a new model from Biljax I just found. Looks like a nice lift. I talked to a rep he said brand new was a little over $40,000. Only 51 feet of work height. Model 45xa

http://www.biljax.com/Products/Described/Product50.aspx

Actually, when you get the 4x4 option with some accessories included the lift costs $53,000.00 atleast thats what a guy named Todd told me, he`s the rep for biljax in my area. The base price is $40 grand.

LXT.................

I have had absolutley no problems with lift had it for 3 months.It has started in this -20 degree weather and has ran perfect.this is the first time owning a lift that I didnt have to have it in the shop for something in the first month of owning it.It is very dependable I will post more pics of jobs we do so you can see the lift in action to see if it will meet your needs. lxt you know my situation with my other lift this is the only lift I would buy.Im telling you come up for a week and try it.you wont buy anything else.

What is cost of that machine i have demoed exact same machine

sd 50

I paid $57,500 for it.worth every penny.lxt it is not a hamper.I can snake that basket through the canopy like nothin.I like the smaller basket can get into tighter spots in the canopy.lxt stop up will go fishin and relax.

I paid $57,500 for it.worth every penny.lxt it is not a hamper.I can snake that basket through the canopy like nothin.I like the smaller basket can get into tighter spots in the canopy.lxt stop up will go fishin and relax.
I found it a nice machine but just wished i have 20 more feet.I did ash tree probably was 70 foot and shed next to it.I was about 8 feet away it was tough but i managed to do it.I think the price is reasonable.I like sall basket.One problem i did have was i kept hitting that kill button for engine when i moved to one side of the basket.Glad you are here to report on it after 3 months thanks

That is one pita that kill button!! I hit mine every now & then too!! as far as height shark that will always be a treemans problem!!

The nifty is at 56ft & sum change, to add 20 more ft......whew!!! you gotta add $70-$100,000.00 depending on what machine you buy, this is where it gets ridiculous!!

You gotta wonder how it is that altec & other boom Mgf`s can make a fiberglass insulated boom for use around electric lines, increase the height while nothing else really changes!! outriggers might be a little larger but the truck frame aint no different........point is: the price for these lifts is no where near as expensive as the self propelled units....go figure!!

LXT...............

nifty lift

At least you guys are able to get ahold of a rep.I have called the 1800 U.S. ph # 4 times now and talked to the national rep about getting intouch witha michigan Rep and still no call.

I would love to buy one if i can afford one but the customer service thus far isnt to impressive. Im hoping that there is a place even in Michigan. Seems like Bil-Jax has the run of the show since ther made in ohio.

jsk, are you talking about biljax or nifty?

The biljax x-boom is nice the only thing that turned me was; 51ft height after having a machine with 56ft...51ft seems short, Battery operated unit...if they would of powered that baby with a kubota, hatz diesel, etc... I would of probably bought it, also the engine is a kawasaki!!! try getting parts for that least they could of did was put a honda on it!!

seemed to me biljax went kinda cheap on the internal workings while the exterior of the machine & boom seemed rugged also they had the articulating jib boom which is a plus, I just didnt like the internals!!!

The nifty I think I will like the internal workings better but there are some things I dont like!! atleast the specs state this: no articulating jib boom...I thought at first this was useless but have come to realize this is a really nice option & would greatly miss it!! secondly Nifty`s rotation is only 100 degrees which would call for resetting up alot, especially when working more than 1 tree!! of the two I think Nifty is better but wont know untill I demo!!

LXT............

secondly Nifty`s rotation is only 100 degrees which would call for resetting up alot, especially when working more than 1 tree!! of the two I think Nifty is better but wont know untill I demo!!

LXT............

LXT, are you talking platform or lift rotation? All Nifty's have 355 or better for boom rotation, but the platform is only 100 degrees. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Back