New County line splitter from TSC - table help please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick21

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have wanted a splitter for a long time and I am excited to finally get one! I bought two side tables but the bolts that came with it are not long enough - is there any reason I cant buy longer bolts and bolt both tables on?

Attachments

• 34240A66-7A53-4126-99A9-98A62D2A023B.jpeg
    34240A66-7A53-4126-99A9-98A62D2A023B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 28
  • 70CB4AEF-35CA-4A98-82FA-004574275651.jpeg
    70CB4AEF-35CA-4A98-82FA-004574275651.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 27
Whatever it takes to bolt it on should work. I've never used my tables. Didn't think I'd like bending over and picking up the blocks.

I picked my cradle up last night and you are right, the bolts are too short to use with the lock washer, washer, and lock nut provided.

In my mind, the bolt should start through the side the welded nut is on which is the nonmotor side on mine, which I bought the same splitter as you over Thanksgiving holiday. That way the cradle, which I thought should be on the engine side to keep splits from banging against the engine, can rest on the bolts allowing you to put the washers and lock nut on. I'll probably go and buy some bolts(8.8 M) that are about 1/2" longer.

If I was only mounting one it would go on the non operator side so I can still get close for loading and splits won’t fall off the far side and escape. On my side of the splitter, I am not sure I would want such a wide table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have wanted a splitter for a long time and I am excited to finally get one! I bought two side tables but the bolts that came with it are not long enough - is there any reason I cant buy longer bolts and bolt both tables on?
I picked up some bolts from HD. Mounted my cradle on engine side and it's very handy to have. Plus, I got a $40 rewards bonus on the new tsc cc so it was a $15 purchase for the cradle. Bolt on the right is the supplied too short bolt.

Attachments

• cradle bolts.jpeg
    cradle bolts.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 4
Back