New Echo CS 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any update on your findings?

No further update as of yet. I will be out cutting both Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend so I’ll know a little more and be able to update then.

I do have another question though that I’ll throw out here.

My other saw is an EFCO 152 with a 20”bar. I use an Oregon H78 chain on that. The CS 590 calls for a D70 chain. My question is why the different drive link count? They are both 3/8, .050 chains.

Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No further update as of yet. I will be out cutting both Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend so I’ll know a little more and be able to update then.

I do have another question though that I’ll throw out here.

My other saw is an EFCO 152 with a 20”bar. I use an Oregon H78 chain on that. The CS 590 calls for a D70 chain. My question is why the different drive link count? They are both 3/8, .050 chains.

Travis

Hi Travis, I know you stated that they are both 3/8 pitch but I believe your saws are not both 3/8 pitch. Your Efco takes a .325 chain, .50 gauge and 78 DL. The Echo 590 takes a larger chain of 3/8 chain, .50 gauge and 70 DL.

Technically Dahmer, yes it is bar shape, LOL. One bar is shaped for .325 chain the other shaped to utilizes a 3/8 chain, so I guess you could say different shape but the end sprocket roller nose configuration is what is different one roller nose is for 5/16 chain (.325) and the other is for 3/8 chain (.375).

Remember Lavoy!

Ken

Hi Travis, I know you stated that they are both 3/8 pitch but I believe your saws are not both 3/8 pitch. Your Efco takes a .325 chain, .50 gauge and 78 DL. The Echo 590 takes a larger chain of 3/8 chain, .50 gauge and 70 DL.

Technically Dahmer, yes it is bar shape, LOL. One bar is shaped for .325 chain the other shaped to utilizes a 3/8 chain, so I guess you could say different shape but the end sprocket roller nose configuration is what is different one roller nose is for 5/16 chain (.325) and the other is for 3/8 chain (.375).

Remember Lavoy!

Ken
Good catch. The 78 dl should have jumped out at me. I was still on the 20” 70dl Echo verses the 20” 72dl for everybody else page.

Remember Lavoy!

Ken
Ken, you are correct. The Efco is .325

Guess I had a brainfart......

Thanks for clearing it up!

Travis

Just an update for anyone interested.

I got out cutting today and had zero issues with the 590. Made quick work cutting two truck loads of red oak fire wood from a tree top logged last year from my father in-law’s property.

Now to sharpen this chain up for another outing tomorrow.

Travis

23dc29d680cfbc8bd6d9bd695b708baf.jpg

Another day, another flawless performance for the CS-590. A little heavier than my EFCO 152 but I am really this saw. Pull the throttle and let’r rip! Haven’t found anything to make it choke yet.

Had some helpers today too. They like grabbing limbs to drag BACK out of the woods [emoji3061]. Like father like daughter I guess.....

870c2989246448e6add330d328ec48a3.jpg
39936165978bcb69f0c515bbd2724f1f.jpg

Travis

Latest posts

Back