New Echo CS-620

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There isn't much info available yet on the 600p vs 620p differences. I have not had one apart and it's unlikely that I will for several months. I do have one in my possession that I've ran a couple times, and it is a very nice saw. Retail with a 20" bar is $649

Last edited:
There isn't much info available yet on the 600p vs 620p differences. I have not had one apart and it's unlikely that I will for several months. I do have one in my possession that I've ran a couple twice, and it is a very nice saw. Retail with a 20" bar is $649

Will the outside spike fit a 600?

Will the outside spike fit a 600?

Echo does (or used to) offer an optional outer dawg for the original cs-600P (resin handle), I used my friends a while ago and he had it on his.

I hate Echo for tempting people like this, are they going to offer a trade-in program for the 600P owners? :biggrin:

So a year from now Echo announces the cs-640 with another 20% power increase?

If they were really clever they would have it all planned so that the upgraded parts do interchange and then leak that to the public then parts sales would increase also, you know your going to order that upgraded cylinder and piston. Honda motocross did this in the 70's with the CR250M .

Echo does (or used to) offer an optional outer dawg for the original cs-600P (resin handle), I used my friends a while ago and he had it on his.

I hate Echo for tempting people like this, are they going to offer a trade-in program for the 600P owners? :biggrin:

So a year from now Echo announces the cs-640 with another 20% power increase?

If they were really clever they would have it all planned so that the upgraded parts do interchange and then leak that to the public then parts sales would increase also, you know your going to order that upgraded cylinder and piston. Honda motocross did this in the 70's with the CR250M .

You didn't read my signature. Mine has been Masterminded and I am running a 28" bar with full chisel in oak.

You didn't read my signature. Mine has been Masterminded and I am running a 28" bar with full chisel in oak.

Oh, OK, I thought you asked if the outer dawg from a 620 would fit your 600? The poster told you no it wont fit. The I told you Echo does offer a outer dawg for a 600.

What does that have to do with your saw being ported?

Oh, OK, I thought you asked if the outer dawg from a 620 would fit your 600? The poster told you no it wont fit. The I told you Echo does offer a outer dawg for a 600.

What does that have to do with your saw being ported?

You said I would want the piston and cylinder.

Ok, that comment wasn't for you in particular, just expressing how these saws are being marketed by the mfgrs in general.

From their perspective, I'd never throw all my cards on the table either... That's just bad business... You always keep something in reserve...
It buys time...
I can assure you, husky has their 70cc auto tune already...
But they, for some reason, have not released it... Their call...

Thanks for letting me know about the outer dog as I didn't know they made one for the 600.

Yep, echo does make an outer dog for the 600p. I picked one up a few weeks ago off of eBay after my dealer told me he couldn't get one. It doesn't look like they are a listed catalog part. It's a nice addition to the saw as it also serves as steel backing that sandwiches between the plastic clutch cover and the bar nuts. Seems like it will help keep the clutch cover in better shape. If you look around you should be able to find them for less then $20 shipped.

Yep, echo does make an outer dog for the 600p. I picked one up a few weeks ago off of eBay after my dealer told me he couldn't get one. It doesn't look like they are a listed catalog part. It's a nice addition to the saw as it also serves as steel backing that sandwiches between the plastic clutch cover and the bar nuts. Seems like it will help keep the clutch cover in better shape. If you look around you should be able to find them for less then $20 shipped.

Thanks. I didn't know they made them.

im with miles86, i hate when companies do this... i know they need to make a profit, but they have two dog models in the 70cc and 80cc group and instead of revamping those, they try to re-market their one successful model... its just frustrating if you are an echo supporter

im with miles86, i hate when companies do this... i know they need to make a profit, but they have two dog models in the 70cc and 80cc group and instead of revamping those, they try to re-market their one successful model... its just frustrating if you are an echo supporter

Agreed. The 600p gravy train only goes so far. And while its a great saw (even the original), they really need bring something new to the table if they want to keep heads turned. They've got our attention, but they need some new tricks to keep us interested.

Last edited:
i run many saws, way too many to list but the saws that are close to size in the echo 590 class, my 029 super stihl my old 1989 hisy 61, my new husky 455 rancher,,i will say the echo blows them away, way smother than the copmitition, cuts like a lazer, starts on 2nd pull, mine has 20inch oragon bar and just flies throught the hard wood i cut, i know their are husky-stiihl loyal people i ownen them also, just bought 2 new huskys, 1 450-455 both nice sawsm but wont come closse to echo 590, plus 5 year warrenty best advice buy from dealer not big box store tahay wat when u need chains oil they can help you, inmy openion the 590 echo is the best buy on market excessaly for 399.95, buy run it youll agree, thanks,even you but husky, buy from dealer not big box stores, its worth the few bucks,thanks for reading, good luck to all be SAFE OUT THERE, ITS BEEN A HARD YEAR ON ME, MANY INJERIES, TAHNKS AGAIN, [ I KNOW MY SPELLING SUCKS, PLUS MY COMPUTOR JUMPS ALL OVER THE PLACE]

my experience with the 590 to a "T"

it absolutely "smokes" my 575 shindaiwa, 029super and any 450-455-460 rancher i have ever seen .

the truth is the 590 is not really a home-owner/ranch saw it is a pro class saw that is built slightly cheaper than the top model .

sort of a "sleeper" ---

i have run a lot of saws over the years. my favorites have been the 440 stihls and the 372xps and the 670 /630 jonesreds .

this 590 timber wolf reminds me a lot of my old jonesred 670 - and that saw was a real working machine--

i would like to have a 620-- but i would really like a 720P ! LOL--

i think the saws based on the 600P are real winners-- the last of the non-strato non computer like the good old days saws. and they cut like no tomorrow ---

as they say-- "all motor"

Back