New guy, looking for a small bandsaw sawmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am aiming at one of those too.
Just need to work some overtime....lol
In Canada the base package goes for $3995 plus shipping from western Ontario somewhere.
The 10 pack of blades here is $250
The damn sharpeners are a lot of money aren't they?

Blades are cheap. Just hoard your dulls and send them off to get sharpened. We have a sharpener and it's not worth the time.

Why sharpen when you could be laying up boards?

For me, it's worth sharpening my own bands IF I didn't have some one local to sharpen/set them for cheeeep.

I sharpened them for years, but then I found some one that "makes them like new" and is consistent with a reasonable price.

I'll do it myself before I'll pay 10 + bucks to get one done some place else...

SR

For me, it's worth sharpening my own bands IF I didn't have some one local to sharpen/set them for cheeeep.

I sharpened them for years, but then I found some one that "makes them like new" and is consistent with a reasonable price.

I'll do it myself before I'll pay 10 + bucks to get one done some place else...

SR
If you don't pay ten then how much do you pay him? He sounds cheap, money wise I mean.
There was a guy at work that sharpened chains for $5 but I saw his work and didn't like it. He burned up lots of cutters in my opinion.

Blades are cheap. Just hoard your dulls and send them off to get sharpened. We have a sharpener and it's not worth the time.

Why sharpen when you could be laying up boards?

Takes maybe 15 secs to stick a blade on the grinder, set it and let it do its thing.

We pay around $35 a blade and can get usually 5-7 sharpenings (run them till they break)

The guy that cleans, sets and sharpens my bands, does them for $7.00 ea...

He sharpens a LOT of bands and also other things, I see several guys working in his shop... He uses woodmizer equipment on my bands...

I think if I had to pay 10 bucks, I'd just go back to doing them myself...

As for chainsaw chains, I sharpen them myself...

SR

He sharpens a LOT of bands and also other things, I see several guys working in his shop... He uses woodmizer equipment on my bands...

SR
every little bit helps

SR
Me too

Attachments

• P_20180601_122103[1].jpg
    P_20180601_122103[1].jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 3
  • P_20180601_122019[1].jpg
    P_20180601_122019[1].jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 3
  • P_20180531_173930[1].jpg
    P_20180531_173930[1].jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 3