New guy, new to me husky 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bfletch

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I'm Brant & I just signed up last week to buy a husky 55 that @chipper1 had up for sale (thanks again chipper). I learned about the site by searches to fix other small 2 stoke engines.

A few questions for anyone that'll listen.

1) Chip stated that the saw won't maintain its time. Is it worth it to key a carb rebuild kit & clean the crap out of it, or maybe just buy a new one?

2) While I'm in there, what should I absolutely replace other than fuel lines?

3) I need a bar and chain, and all my searches come out as a debate on what size bar/chain. I'm going with an 18' mostly for reach, not necessarily for big wood (I'm in Utah). Does brand matter? Bailey's has a husky one on sale now:
http://www.baileysonline.com/Chains...2-Drive-Links-HLN-250-72-HVA 585 94 32 72.axd

And @dsell has some 72 drive link chains for $10:

Oregon 20LPX072X .325 Pitch .050 Gauge Micro Chisel Chainsaw Chain 72 drive links.

I think Utah has some weird laws, & i believe a lot of harvesting firewood is from already downed trees. Will these chains fit that husky bar, or should I go with another combo/brand?

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for the long winded post

Brant

Back