New Guy With Chainsaw Addiction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
Just introducing myself, I've been lurking for months but just signed up.

I dont know if introductions are common on this site or not, but I'm new to the chainsaw world but can't stop buying them.

My first saw was a long-running Mac 3615 and then my wife got me a Husqvarna 450 even though we didnt have any trees, and I've been hooked since.

Since then my wife, 11 kids, and I have moved into a farm with lots of trees that I am constantly cutting up. Mostly dead ash.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from this site, I'm far from an arborist, just a hobbyist/farmer but love chainsaws.

It's amazing how many long-running saws you are given or you find for hardly anything that dont take much effort to get running.

I just bought 5 yesterday at a yardsale for $12 total.

Welcome to the site brother. I too am addicted to chainsaws. Just can't seem to get enough. I love all of them particularly DOLMAR/MAKITA. Amd nice grab on those saws. But I will say this site is usless without picturs. Would love to see what you got for 5$ this is my best beauty below.
dfb9eeb86be57bf5f14b4ea7d807764e.jpg
668992fad7719d28e66197eb284933ec.jpg

I have been trying to figure out how to post pictures. Can you upload pictures through this site or do you need a hosting site? I used to have Photobucket but dropped them recently and haven't found a replacement yet.

I use taptalk on my phone works well. Make a profile set up under this site and just post away. When you post it gives you the option to select a photo

A6D2E249-1AFA-431C-9C7C-91AD0B528DCF.jpeg E1F0F082-E345-4E19-A5A6-1AE9531834E9.jpeg 0E8AE466-CBA3-469F-AEA5-3E51EB5A0BAF.jpeg
I have been trying to figure out how to post pictures. Can you upload pictures through this site or do you need a hosting site? I used to have Photobucket but dropped them recently and haven't found a replacement yet.

You can just attach photos straight from your computer or phone.
You’re lucky to only have a chainsaw buying problem. Unfortunately, I am afflicted with a chainsaw and motorcycle buying disease. So far, I have not found a cure.
Today’s purchase was a nice original Echo CS-280E pictured above. I like any older saws but Echos and Sachs Dolmars are my main targets.

Just introducing myself, I've been lurking for months but just signed up.

I dont know if introductions are common on this site or not, but I'm new to the chainsaw world but can't stop buying them.

My first saw was a long-running Mac 3615 and then my wife got me a Husqvarna 450 even though we didnt have any trees, and I've been hooked since.

Since then my wife, 11 kids, and I have moved into a farm with lots of trees that I am constantly cutting up. Mostly dead ash.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from this site, I'm far from an arborist, just a hobbyist/farmer but love chainsaws.

It's amazing how many long-running saws you are given or you find for hardly anything that dont take much effort to get running.

I just bought 5 yesterday at a yardsale for $12 total.

11 kids.....[emoji15][emoji15]

Congratulations on the addiction... and the family

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

If you really want a problem, buy an AR and a diesel pickup. And have a serious problem with anything stock....

Not having any kids on my end helps though, lol.

Welcome to the site brother. I too am addicted to chainsaws. Just can't seem to get enough. I love all of them particularly DOLMAR/MAKITA. Amd nice grab on those saws. But I will say this site is usless without picturs. Would love to see what you got for 5$ this is my best beauty below.
dfb9eeb86be57bf5f14b4ea7d807764e.jpg
668992fad7719d28e66197eb284933ec.jpg
That's a cool saw. I have yet to mess with any Dolmar saws. I prefer Husky's but they never seem to go for sale in my area. Stihls seem to be more popular around here.

Latest posts

Back