New help might have to go #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dan

july_081.jpg

Oh, is this the after pic? I really like how you just pruned the branch ends as to not let rot take over. Should be a really strong, safe tree through the next couple years. Just work those tips with a pruner pole and a handsaw, that's all that tree needed.

No pruning nails, just str8 hammer all the time. Close quarters with wells, septic and the house. I took pictures of the whole job, note the little green tree at the base in the first couple pictures.
The pics of me in the top was the last thing I did cause, well, see for yourself.

No pruning nails, just str8 hammer all the time. Close quarters with wells, septic and the house. I took pictures of the whole job, note the little green tree at the base in the first couple pictures.
The pics of me in the top was the last thing I did cause, well, see for yourself.

You caught my pruning sarcasm didn't ya? I mean you showed the same picture twice, kinda like how some like to prune around here.

Suspect pruner speaking,
"Here's the before and here's the after. See the crown reduction?"

Well sleep tight teddy bear I have been wanting to show MDS my F-ing 50 foot rope for some time now. There it is sweetmeat.:) Just toss and go for a little slice and show. What did you say? Don't worry, The Dan knows just where he put the other end of his rope and ,for sure, how long it is.

You and your dang knee pads, what gives? And I see some one hading going on. Tsk. Tsk. And all this time I thought you were just some arboristsite muse. Nice to see some actual work. But tell the truth, you just heard a crew working down the street and decided to strap on the roller blades and take some pics of them, right? No shame in that man.

You and your dang knee pads, what gives? And I see some one hading going on. Tsk. Tsk. And all this time I thought you were just some arboristsite muse. Nice to see some actual work. But tell the truth, you just heard a crew working down the street and decided to strap on the roller blades and take some pics of them, right? No shame in that man.

You don't know just how right you are. I wasn't wearing those knee pads when I rolled up on the BAUERS and jammed my card in the flag of that mailbox Blakey Baby.
Those trees were growing since the day I was born for me to come along cut them up like toothpicks. You are going to need a whole lot of them boxes.
Just Jamie and I on that so you could see we I would not want to take that first beat-up oak in two cuts at the top... but I sure as hell would have with more groundies.
I went low on the job for many reasons one of which being that it was just GREAT being able to camp out on someone's lawn for a couple of 6 hour days playing around with some little oaks.
After that job I was able to re-up my big rope section but, in earnest, I would like some more. Lady paid up in cash ,by chance, and from time to time she would show up with more of it then nicely LEAVE.
This one joker stopped by to get a " ballpark estimate off the top of my head" . He could plainly see I was busy, sweaty and all, and was not pacified by just a card. He did not undrstand The Dan either... at first. At any rate I thought it cute how he hopped his pink little toushy into his aged Bimmer and took off. What he was talking about was some F-ed up polplar in neglect anyway and he was looking for a nut to risk it for a low price to save his ass. I do let some jobs go, some run faster than others.
But these oaks ? Oh The Dan abides. It was a great job for us and we both learned a lot, I am glad to do it, take the pictures and share.
I was glad to have the camera cause the rock was was busted up in some places before we started. What do you think of the before and after? We took out the stumps ( 1 hour, if that , with the rented RG50 and the Dingo) but we was moving with the flow that day, the flow was GRIND HO! so, no end pics of the actuall time I spent with my hand held grass seed spreader either.
Logs went into the woulds where the hubby had his way with them, I wished him luck.He didn't need luck, he rented a little bobcat and a trailer and moved them to somewhere else. HE THEN procedded to run this machine under all the other nice young white oak, beech, and wild dogwoods grading and dumping tons of soil. I was pretty pissed.
I think they tried to pull a fast one with The Dan when they claimed he cut the wrong tree down. Always abiding,The Dan soon had rectified the situation with expedience. They wanted me took say " Oooops, sorry we will take that one too." The Dan advises not to abide on that one. I can't really say for sure, it might have been confusing BUT would you " trade" that big half dead oak looming over your house for a 12 inch dia. white oak further out in the yard.
Anyway, these jackasses lived right next to the turnpike and only for one split second that we were there was it completely quiet. I looked over to Jamie and he was looking at me, for one second the sound of tractor trailers hitting the rumble strips on the lines stopped. Whoa, listen to that. What? Nothing. It was bad. Very noisy, crap tract housing on some really BAD land. Chester Co taxes are cheap but wtf?

Last edited:
You don't know just how right you are. I wasn't wearing those knee pads when I rolled up on the BAUERS and jammed my card in the flag of that mailbox Blakey Baby.
Those trees were growing since the day I was born for me to come along cut them up like toothpicks. You are going to need a whole lot of them boxes.
Just Jamie and I on that so you could see we I would not want to take that first beat-up oak in two cuts at the top... but I sure as hell would have with more groundies.
I went low on the job for many reasons one of which being that it was just GREAT being able to camp out on someone's lawn for a couple of 6 hour days playing around with some little oaks.
After that job I was able to re-up my big rope section but, in earnest, I would like some more. Lady paid up in cash ,by chance, and from time to time she would show up with more of it then nicely LEAVE.
This one joker stopped by to get a " ballpark estimate off the top of my head" . He could plainly see I was busy, sweaty and all, and was not pacified by just a card. He did not undrstand The Dan either... at first. At any rate I thought it cute how he hopped his pink little toushy into his aged Bimmer and took off. What he was talking about was some F-ed up polplar in neglect anyway and he was looking for a nut to risk it for a low price to save his ass. I do let some jobs go, some run faster than others.
But these oaks ? Oh The Dan abides. It was a great job for us and we both learned a lot, I am glad to do it, take the pictures and share.
I was glad to have the camera cause the rock was was busted up in some places before we started. What do you think of the before and after? We took out the stumps ( 1 hour, if that , with the rented RG50 and the Dingo) but we was moving with the flow that day, the flow was GRIND HO! so, no end pics of the actuall time I spent with my hand held grass seed spreader either.
Logs went into the woulds where the hubby had his way with them, I wished him luck.He didn't need luck, he rented a little bobcat and a trailer and moved them to somewhere else. HE THEN procedded to run this machine under all the other nice young white oak, beech, and wild dogwoods grading and dumping tons of soil. I was pretty pissed.
I think they tried to pull a fast one with The Dan when they claimed he cut the wrong tree down. Always abiding,The Dan soon had rectified the situation with expedience. They wanted me took say " Oooops, sorry we will take that one too." The Dan advises not to abide on that one. I can't really say for sure, it might have been confusing BUT would you " trade" that big half dead oak looming over your house for a 12 inch dia. white oak further out in the yard.
Anyway, these jackasses lived right next to the turnpike and only for one split second that we were there was it completely quiet. I looked over to Jamie and he was looking at me, for one second the sound of tractor trailers hitting the rumble strips on the lines stopped. Whoa, listen to that. What? Nothing. It was bad. Very noisy, crap tract housing on some really BAD land. Chester Co taxes are cheap but wtf?
Holy crap dan! No wonder I'm the only one viewing this thread. That chipper is only a model 90?? it looks more like a 250?? how many horse/what type motor?

Oh yeah, anyway- I fired John Denver today this morning at 8:05, he called in at 7:05 and told me he was sorry he got up late and that he would be in in a half hour, well now its like I said 8:05 and there is three people that have been at the shop waiting for this milktoast for an hour now (two of us have a combined 45yrs exp), so the best part...I didnt even ask this loser to come in, he wanted to-this is the best part "I could really use the money cuz of my vacation next next week"!!! So I'm stupid enough to let him come in even though it was overkill and thats what I get?? NICE!! Bye. I'll screw you over once more before I go on vacation and screw you over some more, lol. Walking sticks? I must really be getting soft I should have seen it then, lol.

Holy crap dan! No wonder I'm the only one viewing this thread. That chipper is only a model 90?? it looks more like a 250?? how many horse/what type motor?

4500 lbs of 90 it is. Good to move with the Dingo or F150, gets it close gobbles up to 10 inch. Now that I got it I don't beat my wife anymore. Its a 50 horse 4 cyl, naturaly aspirated. auto feed and down pressure. I have a 12 volt winch to toss up by the hopper but rarely do.
Tell me about your crane or better yet, Ol-D tell me about the crane. What ya got? Punk.:)

Oh yeah, anyway- I fired John Denver today this morning at 8:05, he called in at 7:05 and told me he was sorry he got up late and that he would be in in a half hour, well now its like I said 8:05 and there is three people that have been at the shop waiting for this milktoast for an hour now (two of us have a combined 45yrs exp), so the best part...I didnt even ask this loser to come in, he wanted to-this is the best part "I could really use the money cuz of my vacation next next week"!!! So I'm stupid enough to let him come in even though it was overkill and thats what I get?? NICE!! Bye. I'll screw you over once more before I go on vacation and screw you over some more, lol. Walking sticks? I must really be getting soft I should have seen it then, lol.

Get some pictures of your crane, where are you located?

Back