New help might have to go #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tman look at you doing some pull ups and one handing saws! good stuff!

nothing wrong with that wood your climbing there, nice tall and straight. solid equipment as well. rig'n fun as well. all the stuff a tree guy likes.

i thought that rope looked familiar man. i got one too! she not an inch over 65 ft long and i use it daily. lol same exact rope! i took it from one of the other guys i work with. the other half of it ended up in the chipper (yup the new guy brush dragging trick). i have no beef with the short rope. i do more take downs than i do prune's so in a few cuts she'll be touching the ground anyway.

mds got a solid set up. sweet ass bucket for sure.

but more importantly the both of you need to get away from that old ass climbing set up your on. screw the taughtline on the same rope. screw it! move on to the split tail and dont look back. its time for you to advance your climbing system. it'll take a hot minute to get used to it but once you do, you'll be psyched.

I climb on an 80' True Blue 90% of the time, right on about the climbing set up too OD. Since I pulled out of it I have no complaints. A little more gear, but you more than make that up with the versatility and options you gain.

nothing wrong with that wood your climbing there, nice tall and straight. solid equipment as well. rig'n fun as well. all the stuff a tree guy likes.

i thought that rope looked familiar man. i got one too! she not an inch over 65 ft long and i use it daily. lol same exact rope! i took it from one of the other guys i work with. the other half of it ended up in the chipper (yup the new guy brush dragging trick). i have no beef with the short rope. i do more take downs than i do prune's so in a few cuts she'll be touching the ground anyway.

but more importantly the both of you need to get away from that old ass climbing set up your on. screw the taughtline on the same rope. screw it! move on to the split tail and dont look back. its time for you to advance your climbing system. it'll take a hot minute to get used to it but once you do, you'll be psyched.

The Dan does Taughtline, splittail, VT, the hightail hottail in the notale motale, Blakes, onehanded, two handed, no handed... The Dan will do the gat dam thing with a F-ing wiffle ball bat. See if this gets me in the calander hot pants
treemandan-1.jpg

lol.

whats up with them kneepads? side jobs?

Not that i need youngsters ctritiquing me but The Dan has had enough shots to keep him well protected in that area. I like the one piece hockey deal, don't even feel the spikes, the tree, nothing. Makes your knee a very good tool. You never know when you need to bounce a hunk of oak off your shin.
I hate cutting low stumps with out them. My knees are pretty shot, I went down big at Camelback in 97.

You and your dang knee pads, what gives? And I see some one hading going on. Tsk. Tsk. And all this time I thought you were just some arboristsite muse. Nice to see some actual work. But tell the truth, you just heard a crew working down the street and decided to strap on the roller blades and take some pics of them, right? No shame in that man.

july_098.jpg
Actually, The limb is still on the rope hanging just off the ground. Jamie locked it off on the device ( Hey, got a device man?) and shot that for me. My arm is resting on the horn I just made.
he took the pic then went and unhooked the fish to chip it and then get the next few pieces.

fair nuff.

Well I am real glad you think so you big bozo. I was wondering if you wanted me to take them off.
I am F-ing with you. I didn't go down big at Camelback. Truth is The Dan has NEVER gone down big. Oh, he has gone down, rolled out, and jumped back up plenty though.
I am 38 and wish I worn them sooner. No more cold mornings taking a shin of the pintle, resting your kneecap on a stone to flush a stump...
You can leap around a tree without the fear of smashing something that really might hurt. I do loves to jump up there.
Can't you see I am trying to sell you a pair? Leave an old guy alone, I wear what's comfortable like my wifes underwear... I sleep all night and work all day.

Last edited:
do your nuts hang out both sides of the thong?

nothing worse than hitting shins on the pintle hook, thats for sure. your lucky your so short too though dan. not only do i have to worry about them pintle hooks but i gotta be aware of the chipper chute if i am taking it off the truck. i cant go into the basement of our shop. i hit my head on the door jam the other day leaving the bosses office. you got it easy.

do you use a stool to open the door to the fridge when getting yourself a beer?

Well I am real glad you think so you big bozo. I was wondering if you wanted me to take them off.
I am F-ing with you. I didn't go down big at Camelback. Truth is The Dan has NEVER gone down big. Oh, he has gone down, rolled out, and jumped back up plenty though.
I am 38 and wish I worn them sooner. No more cold mornings taking a shin of the pintle, resting your kneecap on a stone to flush a stump...
You can leap around a tree without the fear of smashing something that really might hurt. I do loves to jump up there.
Can't you see I am trying to sell you a pair? Leave an old guy alone, I wear what's comfortable like my wifes underwear... I sleep all night and work all day.

:hmm3grin2orange: 38 just a babe and already wearing knee pads lol.
I may start who knows, I am only 45 though so prolly still have some
vinegar left in me. I will tell ya I have not walked into a pintle in a long
time after about round three, I learned to stay away from the truck.
Those dam things need a disclaimer my knees were perfect until those
bast??'s came out.

:hmm3grin2orange: 38 just a babe and already wearing knee pads lol.
I may start who knows, I am only 45 though so prolly still have some
vinegar left in me. I will tell ya I have not walked into a pintle in a long
time after about round three, I learned to stay away from the truck.
Those dam things need a disclaimer my knees were perfect until those
bast??'s came out.

The Dan fears no man's pintle... anymore.

The Dan does Taughtline, splittail, VT, the hightail hottail in the notale motale, Blakes, onehanded, two handed, no handed... The Dan will do the gat dam thing with a F-ing wiffle ball bat. See if this gets me in the calander hot pants
treemandan-1.jpg
Dan, what exactly do you use those knee pads for?? Lol. Oh sorry I jumped ahead.

Last edited:

Thanks for the comments about my setup oldirty. As far as my climbing setup-old brown gets her done for sure, however I'm gonna get a newer setup someday soon, right now I'm looking at a new winch line for the new chipper, about 300$, so that can wait, I got alot of work for Stubs (the bucket) lately so F it for now. What is the best rope winch line? anyone??

It is once again Monday morning and I have no help. The two new guys that I hired last week seemed to be doing great-untill today. Last night as I was sleeping at 10:23 pm a call came in that the 5'4" spanish kid with a CDL I hired would not be in today because his girlfriend slashed his tires.
Darn, have him buy "4" spares, No excuses!

"John Denver" (hippy with leather hat) called this morning while I was in the shower, left no message but then rolled in 20 mins late saying he has a side job with a logger today-I said good luck, here is your pay, bye. He's still saying he wants to work but I dont know about that, I mean show some respect right??
Well John Denver need to take the "country roads" home!

Besides I spend more energy fending off his "sugestions" constantly than actually working-and I'm not kidding!! Its rediculous, it really is, one out of every hundred boneheaded suggestions I actually use, but the energy it takes to fend him off!! What would you guys do with "John Denver" and the little guy??
Have a little faith. Lol.

Hey tree MDS,
All jokes aside I know someone who needs a job. It is food bags father. He says he has run chainsaws before, let me know if you are interested. Here is a picture,

fat.jpg

Latest posts

Back