New Husky 395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleethirte

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new Husky 395xp
Can you believe they recommend 50:1 in the onwners manual? I will be running 32:1 lol
Any advice with the new saw?

Husqvarna's model numbers don't make sense to me as they are not sequential.
I have a 357 xp (eleven years old) and a 562 xp.

I had a 066, and pinched the bar. When I set the wedge deeper the tree went 45° off planned fall, and set the butt on the powerhead. I was uncomfortable holding it in one position, being such a large saw. A friend just put a full wrap on his saw, and I thought if I had that full wrap handlebar, I might still have that saw. I just buck stuff up now. No falling. But that full wrap handle looks like the way to go.

Husqvarna's model numbers don't make sense to me as they are not sequential.
I have a 357 xp (eleven years old) and a 562 xp.

I had a 066, and pinched the bar. When I set the wedge deeper the tree went 45° off planned fall, and set the butt on the powerhead. I was uncomfortable holding it in one position, being such a large saw. A friend just put a full wrap on his saw, and I thought if I had that full wrap handlebar, I might still have that saw. I just buck stuff up now. No falling. But that full wrap handle looks like the way to go.
Isn’t husky first digit generation then next two CC size?
395 then is 3rd Jen 95 cc
husky 55 is 1 gen 55 cc?

All engines I have I put more oil than recommended . Just makes good sense . My car and lawnmower says X amount of oil I always add extra because I know it will throw it all over an make a big mess .50 to 1 for about 30 years . Now if you want a big carbon build up oil coming out of your muffler . This how you do it .

All engines I have I put more oil than recommended . Just makes good sense . My car and lawnmower says X amount of oil I always add extra because I know it will throw it all over an make a big mess .50 to 1 for about 30 years . Now if you want a big carbon build up oil coming out of your muffler . This how you do it .
The us market is one of the few where 50 to 1 is std recommendation. Other countries, specifically that dont have high emissions standards, are normally around 32 to 1. It's also been shown the cylinders, seal better at a higher ratio of oil. Carbon build up can be an issue with excessive ratios, but is more a function of what oil, and the additive package then necessarily the amount of oil. I've always been a fan of 40 to 1 myself and havent ever had carbon issues. I've also always used a quality oil in my fuel, I attribute the lack of carbon and longevity of my equipment to that. For obvious reasons we all have different preferences in how, and what we run.

The us market is one of the few where 50 to 1 is std recommendation. Other countries, specifically that dont have high emissions standards, are normally around 32 to 1. It's also been shown the cylinders, seal better at a higher ratio of oil. Carbon build up can be an issue with excessive ratios, but is more a function of what oil, and the additive package then necessarily the amount of oil. I've always been a fan of 40 to 1 myself and havent ever had carbon issues. I've also always used a quality oil in my fuel, I attribute the lack of carbon and longevity of my equipment to that. For obvious reasons we all have different preferences in how, and what we run.
I have used Amsoil 80 to 1 for a long time . All I see is a clean piston top when spark plug comes out . I see very little smoke or smell . I have a 2013 372 and many other Husqvarna saws I own with this mix . They pull like a rock star . I'm really done with any other advice . Until you strip down an jump in ice water let me know . Everything else is filter news .

So now you run 80 to 1, funny you first said you run 50 to 1 for 30 years. Tell you what, you run what ratio you want, and the rest of us will run what ratios we want, and well all have engines that run just fine.

I have used Amsoil 80 to 1 for a long time . All I see is a clean piston top when spark plug comes out . I see very little smoke or smell . I have a 2013 372 and many other Husqvarna saws I own with this mix . They pull like a rock star . I'm really done with any other advice . Until you strip down an jump in ice water let me know . Everything else is filter news .
not much between the eyes, is their pops?????

Back