• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NEW Husqvarna 3120XPW *Trade?*

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

84toyota

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to sell this Husqvarna 3120xpw. I acquired this saw a few years ago, and was told that this saw was built from NOS parts. I took a picture with the top cover off to show how clean the cylinder and inside of saw is. Judging by how clean the case is behind the clutch cover, I certainly don't believe its ever seen wood. I was told it never had a bar and chain put on it, and I have never had a bar and chain on it either. Notice this has the full wrap handle on it, and it has the choke rather than the primer. $1195 plus shipping. Let me know if you have any other questions.

20181202_161038.jpg 20181202_160314 (2).jpg 20181202_160427 (2).jpg 20181202_161223 (2).jpg

I may have a 3 foot bar I could throw in for the additional cost of shipping.

Any clue on the year?

Not sure on the year, since it was built from NOS parts the parts may be from across a few decades. I know it has the choke instead of the primer bulb which puts the carburetor setup in the late 1990's or newer I believe?

Not sure on the year, since it was built from NOS parts the parts may be from across a few decades. I know it has the choke instead of the primer bulb which puts the carburetor setup in the late 1990's or newer I believe?

I don't know if the 3120XP has ever used a primer bulb. I would have to check what year it is, but mine is a 2016 or 2017, and it has a choke.

Helluva Saw, I Love mine.

Doug :cheers:

I don't know if the 3120XP has ever used a primer bulb. I would have to check what year it is, but mine is a 2016 or 2017, and it has a choke.

From what I know, the saws from the beginning of production in the late 1980's to somewhere in the early 1990's had primer bulbs. The primer bulbs were a bit troublesome from what I understood. Those early saws had fully adjustable carbs as well, so I guess sometimes you take the bad with the good.

In 15 years I’ve never seen a primer bulb on a 3120. All 372 and up 3 series husky's have fully adjustable carbs.

Parts list from 1990. 503 13 70-01 is the primer bulb assembly.

I stand corrected. It took a lot of searching but I finally found a description to go with the part number. I also found that the part is obsolete so it’s a good thing this saw isn’t equipped with one.

Parts list from 1990. 503 13 70-01 is the primer bulb assembly.

Thanks for setting the record straight JJ! I am surprised what a conversation about 3120 history this thread has started! I am certainly no expert on these 3120's, but if one makes use of the friendly neighborhood google, you can find all sorts of good information from more knowledgeable folks like JJ.

The primer bulb carb was apparently the WG2, which also did not have an adjustable high side, but did have replaceable jets (interesting). Again, based on my limited knowledge, there were only a few if any 3120's that had an adjustable high side (this one doesn't).

Just throwing this out there to see if there is any interest.

I may consider part trade for a clean Pioneer P42/45/60 series saw or Pioneer Partner/Poulan Pro equivalents (PP455, 655). Also may be interested in Poulan 5200/5400/8500 series saw.

Back