New Husqvarna burned up using factory premix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warddc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a new husqvarna 440 along with some HV premix gas/oil at local Lowes. The saw quit within 30 mins and is seized up. P&C are toast. Local chainsaw repair place tested specific gravity of husqvarna premix and said it was waay too lean on oil. What are my options? Will HV replace this saw? No one answers at the main support number. Been on hold for hours.

:ices_rofl:

Get a Stihl!!!!

Toche Husksyvarmint guys!!!!

Soory Op. Go back to Lowes.

How do you "specific gravity test" on fuel? If you don't know fuel or oil, and mix ratio? That's fubar and I'm a Chemist!

Oh yea, and they would need precise volumetric flasks, and an analytic balance. Slobs in most shops can't measure a chain right.

That happened to my 562XP right at the dealers as I was calibrating the carb. Mine didn't seize, but the P&C were scored. It wasn't the fuel that was at fault! The dealer, a very good & responsible outfit, vac & pressure tested it & found 2 air leaks. The saw got a new P&C & de-comp valve (site of one of the leaks) courtesy of Husqvarna. I guess this highlights the often posted information to take your business to a reputable dealer!!

If Lowes is anything like Home Depot, they will take anything back if you make a big enough deal about it. Ask for a manager, and tell them why they ARE going to exchange it. Stress the exchange not refund

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Manger of lowes wouldnt do anything about the saw. oh, and i do own stihls. lots of em.

Why is a defective product that is barely used for 30 minutes your problem. does Lowe's have a return policy that they will not stand behind your claim? I would be raising it up a level. Why can't they just exchange it for another like was mentioned?

I have a brand new Husqvarna 372 that I haven't tried to start yet. So I need to give it a vacuum test before I put gas in it? Check the high low adjustment to one and a half turns out? I mix my own gas, so 50:1 is okay with 10% etheanal gas? I bought this baby from eBay so I can't take it back to the store. And yes, it is not a Chinese copy.

I have a brand new Husqvarna 372 that I haven't tried to start yet. So I need to give it a vacuum test before I put gas in it? Check the high low adjustment to one and a half turns out? I mix my own gas, so 50:1 is okay with 10% etheanal gas? I bought this baby from eBay so I can't take it back to the store. And yes, it is not a Chinese copy.
I run 40:1 in all my saws, e-free. It's your saw, do what you believe is right. If new, would start it and listen to how it idles and revs, stops, restarts. And after running it for couple tanks, make sure all bolts are tight.

I get better results when I email the ceo of the company. The managers tend to trip over themselves when the ceo/board member calls them. Trust me you want your saw replaced do it.

Did you shake the can of husky pre mix before pouring it in the saw? The gas and oil tends to separate in time. I shake all my pre mix. Sorry for the dumb question.
I add more xp+ oil to the 50:1 premix. If I mix up 2.5 gallons it’s 38:1 ratio. Oil it good.

Did you use Husqvarna two stroke oil?

What do these big box stores do when a customer like this situation has a problem? They don’t have a mechanic. If they don’t replace it. Do they send you to a Husqvarna local dealer to repair it under warranty?

Back