ArboristSite.com Sponsors

New job for the wife now too

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had posted on here that thanks to Covid I lost my packing/shipping job of 21 years but hooked up with the local Center for Vision Loss in August and am really having a good time building that up, the change actually was good for me. My wife worked for a single practice doctor for 30 years and when he retired 9 years ago he sold the business to an outfit that has other practices and they built a modern building right next door to the old doctor's place so she just stayed there, but they were of the mindset to overbook like crazy, treat people badly, so so many people and doctors have either quit or been fired from there they can't keep count, and she couldn't handle the stress, no one can, they talk like they want to "make it like family" and make things good but it's all lip service, she several times had said that she felt like just walking out and quitting, taking a few weeks and finding another job, but she knew that wasn't the answer. I felt so bad for her, knew she was miserable but didn't think she was interested in looking for another job but about two weeks ago the phone rang and it was her friend that she worked with for 22 years at the first doctor, and she said the single practice doctor that she has worked for the last 12 years asked her if she thought my wife would be interested in coming to work for him; she barely got the question out and my wife said "oh hell yes!!!!", so her friend told the doctor, he called the next night, she met him last Saturday at the office so he could show her around and talk to her with no one around, made the offer, she took it and starts March 1st, thank God!!! She'll actually have a few weeks off in between quitting this crazy house and starting there so she is much calmer and better now.

Just amazes me how within 6 months of each other we both got new jobs after working at these places a long time, mine out of necessity, hers out of luck and wanting to change. We are very fortunate that we were able to do this, we still know of many that are struggling finding work thanks to Covid.

You never know where life will lead you......

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Congrats. Always nice to leave one of “those” places.
You are right, and this one was a doozy. And it was a shame since it is a state of the art medical building, but it doesn't matter how nice the place is if it is being run horribly and this one was, go, go, go, overbook, make big money, yet people get so upset for waiting so long they yell at the employees who have nothing to do with it and some just walk out never to return, the reviews online are awful. I am so glad that she is leaving, she was absolutely miserable there, and of course they are saying to her "if there is anything that we can do to make you stay just name it, money, new position, whatever" which she knew was coming but there's no way she's going to stay, not for anything.

Thanks

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
She had her last day at work yesterday, many tears from her coworkers and some from her too, but she and they know that she is doing the right thing. In fact several of them are leaving too, and many said they are going to look for something else now too, they feel if she left after all those years that is pretty bad so that want out now too. But now she gets to take off for two weeks and as I told her "get the poison out of her system" so she can forget it and start anew at this other place. She'll miss the people but not the place, and she hopes that it gets better for those still there but she doubts it will, I do too.