New kinetic splitter launched by Split Second Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Split Second Log Splitter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Initial greetings to all of the firewood forum readers and members,

New innovative kinetic log splitter launched into the firewood market by the leading lawn and garden equipment company in the United States.

Introducing the Patent Pending Split Second Log Splitter designed and manufactured by Agri-Fab, the leading lawn and garden attachment company in the United States. We are happy to announce that our new web site splitsecondlogsplitter.com is now up and running and awaiting your visit to learn more about our log splitter and how it can help you get your work done safer, faster, and more efficiently. The machine is exclusively offered for sale on our website at the price of $3,199.99 and can be shipped directly to your home or business.
Within our company walls we have a number of individuals that either, split wood as a side business, heat their houses and workshops with wood, or just like to split once in a while to support their fire pit gatherings. As a part of our normal future products discussion we noticed a more frequent topic from our internal “splitting crowd” telling us they thought there was an opportunity for us to develop a product that would improve upon what is currently available in the log splitter market. We spent a significant amount of time digging into the details of log splitting for both business and personal use to try and understand what we thought the best method of splitting was between hydraulic, kinetic(flywheel), and rotary(screw) units. We completed design work and/or built prototypes of each style to better understand the pros/cons when comparing each method and we finally decided that kinetic style splitters offered us the best chance to build the kind of product that we thought the market wanted to see in the future.

Here are some of the standard features and specifications on our Patent Pending log splitter:

1. Large 90lb cast steel flywheels
2. 3 second cycle time
3. Fully retractable hitch
4. Adjustable working height
5. 7 inch tall splitting wedge
6. Subaru 6HP OHC engine
7. Structural steel tube frame with highest ground clearance in the market
8. Largest work table in the market
9. DOT road towable
10. Domestically manufactured steel rack/pinion drive
11. Front caster wheel for easier hand movement
12. 3 year residential/6 month commercial warranty
13. Manual canister and towing marker
14. Centrifugal clutch to isolate engine from splitting force
15. Solid steel I-beam construction

We have already designed and tested a series of accessories that will be available for purchase on our website very soon. Some of these items can be seen on either our YouTube channel or Facebook page. Here are a few of the accessories that will be available:

1. Log lift w/log staging position
2. Convertible large log dolly and firewood carrier
3. Tool tray extension to hold chainsaw, extra gas, etc
4. Firewood hand cart with lid to easily move and store large amount of split firewood out of the elements and ready to burn
5. 4-Season log splitter soft cover

We can assure you that we understand the market well enough to know that a kinetic log splitter done the wrong way is not pretty. We put in the design, testing, and manufacturing work to do it the right way and if you look closely you will see our differences from the majority of the kinetic units in the market. Also as a company we are committed to manufacturing and sourcing a majority of our components right here in the United States to support our main facility in Sullivan, Illinois which is where your unit will be assembled and shipped from. We are very excited about this launch and look forward to building a solid reputation within this group for both product performance and customer service. Please visit our website: splitsecondlogsplitter.com for additional information and add us to your favorite links for future reference.

Thanks,

Split Second Log Splitter Team

Attachments

• SplitterAd.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 240
I see you are a rather new member, but you are supposed to be a paying sponsor to advertise like this. From what I understand it is not all that expensive and I am sure would be appreciated by the owners of the site. It should say sponsor under your name.

Zog , I'm pretty sure they've paid their dues http://www.arboristsite.com/community/forums/split-second-log-splitter.148/ .
Split Second , welcome aboard but you've got a tough crowd here LOL
If you want to send a demo unit up here to Canada , I'm your man :)

That's cool, didn't know that. Unless I check, my browser settings don't show any blinky stuff and I rarely look at the sponsor forum,. as I rarely have any spare moolahhh$$ to order much. Last I ordered anything was back in the spring from terry, and some stuff from private members..

Well, good luck superdooper split! That's some serious cash you want, hope it works out well for you. Downloading your intro vid as I type this to take a look.

This new vendor will be taken more seriously if they do more than simply splash their name on AS, but engage the AS community in dialogue about the product. The wealth of knowledge and experience herein deserves that level of respect. Otherwise, it's just another insincere marketing paint-by-numbers routine. The typical drive-by 'look at me'.

Let's start with dialogue about that hideous two-handed engagement routine. Can it be easily circumvented, notwithstanding the liability and warranty ramifications?

Second nixing the 2 hand "safety" operation. Most of us using a splitter will frequently have a hand resting on top the piece being split to keep it lined up. It will also mean a lot more twisting. If you have to use 2 hands to cycle it, I wouldn't have it.
Count me out.....lol

Second nixing the 2 hand "safety" operation. Most of us using a splitter will frequently have a hand resting on top the piece being split to keep it lined up. It will also mean a lot more twisting. If you have to use 2 hands to cycle it, I wouldn't have it.
I hadn't noticed that. Yikes, two hands??

Just wanted to catch up on some of the overnight posts on our new log splitter.

We are looking to engage this group in an ongoing discussion about our log splitter and splitting in general. The reason we are a sponsor to this site is because we quickly realized this IS where the splitting expertise is and we want to tap into that knowledge. We actually already have in the fact that we have poured over all of the splitting posts from the past few years to better understand what worked or did not work for people doing this every day. We look forward to the continued discussion.

We appreciate the comments on the adjustable height feature and how it allows a level of adjustment to customize it for a particular splitter. We had to pick an adjustment range to start with but we could look at opening the range in the future with the limits being how much extra cost people would be willing to pay for additional adjustment. We will see what kind of feedback we get from users on how to proceed. We do want to note that as far as we know no other splitter in the market has that capability at all.

So now lets tackle the two-handed operation questions. When we were designing this unit we wanted to develop a two-handed operation to provide an appropriate level of safety as long as we could do it with no or a minimum amount of extra effort by the operator. We feel that we have accomplished this with our design for two reasons. First as noted in previous posts the primary resistance to two handed is because the operator needs the other hand to hold the log in place as they begin to split. We have specifically designed our wedge so that when you put the log onto the beam you can slide it out and stick it on the wedge so you no longer have to hold it with the free hand. Second reason is that we positioned our safety lever where you would normally rest your hand if it is not holding the log therefore it quickly becomes a natural place for the other hand. It also is easy enough to operate the lever with your thumb so the hand actually does not even have to move. Once we tried this with both internal and external testing people we found that everyone was satisfied with this arrangement and it did not seem to create extra effort or slow down the splitting process.

Great discussion so far. Keep the questions coming and we will continue to answer as best we can.

Thanks again.
Split Second Team

I think I'm going to have to come out and see you at Mother Earth News Fair in Seven Springs PA in mid September. It's only a 2.5 hour drive for me. What you say makes sense but I have to see it and give it a try. I've never even tried this SS style of splitting. I've always used a maul or hydraulic splitter.

Split second, I say pick a couple of AS members to T&E your product in return for a complete evaluation w/video. I'm not talking about a few weekend splitters, but the guys that make their living at it and can put some real hours on your machine.

Yes if a wedge is sharp, you can jam the wood on to it to help hold position, but it takes time = time waster.
When I used a Super Splitter at charity cuts, I stood at an angle facing towards the wedge & was able to reach slightly behind me to activate the engage lever. With the 2 hand method I would be twisting & stepping backwards. Another time waster & extra work on the back.

I know you have folks involved with the design who have worked with fire wood, but have they been involved with high production fire wood processing? Take a look at:
- Oklahoma, AR, MO, KS, ...: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/oklahoma-ar-mo-ks-tx-gtg.158438/page-1237 (Browse a few of pages)
- Waukee charity cut: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/charity-cut-waukee-iowa.252536/page-15 (Watch the video on post #285)

These are just a couple of examples of kinetic splitters & hydraulic splitters working together in a high production situations. The gnarly pieces are sent to the hydraulic splitters. The large rounds were noodled & the log lift was basically a staging table. A lot of folks have mentioned they would rather noodle the large rounds to manageable pieces than to have to try to catch the initial splits, especially if working by them selves.

As far as the adjustable height & removable tongue, these are definitely good features. The log lift, may be. but I have found if the round is big enough to need the lift, it will probably need multiple hits to split & would benefit by being noodled. I have a log lift on my hydraulic splitter & it is used ~ 95% of the time as a log staging table.

I am not knocking your splitter, just would choose another brand of kinetic splitter over yours simply because of the 2 hand requirement.

Latest posts

Back