New LogRite cant hook

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got two wood handle ones, one shorter, and one longer, got them at estate sales. Paid $35 for the shorty, and $10-$15 for the long one. I figure if I got to enough farm auctions I'll find what ever I want cheap. Now, I may have wasted 10 Saturdays standing in rain, snow, and mud to get the $10 hook. but that's what happens when your cheap.

I've got two wood handle ones, one shorter, and one longer, got them at estate sales. Paid $35 for the shorty, and $10-$15 for the long one. I figure if I got to enough farm auctions I'll find what ever I want cheap. Now, I may have wasted 10 Saturdays standing in rain, snow, and mud to get the $10 hook. but that's what happens when your cheap.
Yup! I've got a few auction buddies who make the time pass. Last week I avoided the close one from the listed items and then went a lot further to look at what may be at an auction in a park. Last year cutting torch set from guages 60' down the lines to operating end for less than$10 from the same park auction by the same auction company. This year naught wasted trip except saying hi - bye to the buddies sitting in their lawn chairs.
The auctions are a cr@p shoot, when they pay off makes all the other times worth the effort. Where I got long wood handle log turner and long steel pry bars for cheapIMG_20180710_130705.jpgIn my early teens used a nail puller disassembling structures. Like top example, had never seen a staple puller like the lower tool. Had to add it to the collection a couple weeks ago when the main draw was a bandsaw mill that went for $3050.
My guestimate on weight is 55# a cubic foot of log. Sites online figure volume for me with the length and diameter dropped in. The other site that list weight of tree species wet list most hard woods @ 50-60# sooooo I ended up. ^^^^

Back