New MS880 No Start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCTreeTrash

Tree Trash Krew
Reaction score
I recently purchased an 880, and by recently I mean less than a week ago. I bought it with the intent of modding it, you know, like the 361 unlimited coil, triple port exhaust, ported head, blah blah blah. But after running it at most 3 times all together to break it in, and no longer than an hours time all together, it backfired through the exhaust and cut off. Won’t start back. I’ve checked spark and don’t have any. I’ve changed plugs and still nothing. I’ve checked the killswitch, ground wire, plug wire from coil, checked for cracks in the flywheel, and even popped open the muffler to check out the piston which all seem in good condition. Could it just have over heated the coil and burnt out that quick? I’ve not even ran a full tank of gas though it yet. Any help would be appreciated because I’m lost.

Yeah take it back but for your sake I hope there is no obvious evidence you have been pulling it apart and putting it back together because around here you do that and they will void the warranty on the spot and show you the door

I know stuff happens but I'd reconsider the dealer. That saw should've been set up a little rich for break in. My dealer sets them rich and then asks you to come in for a retune after about an hour of run time to retune it for free. I only buy trash saws and rebuild them myself. I only know they do that because I have numerous friends who have purchased saws from them. I don't know if that is normal dealer protocol.

It just sucks that happened to a new saw. I'd be worried about bearings and seals now.

Lee

Back