New pro 50cc saw options, no auto tune or mtronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
just want to see what the options are out there for 50cc pro class saws without eletronic carbs

J reds website doesn’t want to load up properly on my phone, so I’m. It sure what they have available.
Post up any brand/model you know, thank you!!

I just bought an Echo CS-501P. It is the lightest 50.2 cc saw out there. I was mainly focusing on power to weight ratio and ability to run. It may not say Stihl on the side, then again, it'll start better and run stronger than my previous MS-250.

The dolmar 5105 is a pro class saw?

Cause the price is very good and it’s right up my alley.
My 550 is acting up again... getting tired of the bs.. looking at options
It is. A little heavier and bulkier than your 550. Better torque(they prefer 3/8 chain in my experience) and better A/V. Once you remove the cat from the muffler and tune them they're very reliable.

I would also go for the dolkita.
If my 353 wasn't so reliable I would have already bought one.
Tested it out and felt at least as powerfull as the 550xp. Bit more bulky maybe, but not heavier.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Although the CS-490 has a lot of professional features it does not have professional power for a 50cc class saw. It has decent power, but has it's tongue hanging out pretty hard with a 20" bar, just OK with 18", and does pretty decent with a 16" .325" set-up.

I've had three CS-490's here, set 2 up for customers and sold the third one. I gave them all minor muffler mods and modified the limiter caps for full carb adjustments. They are not impressive enough for me to put one in my line-up, not unless I smoke the P/C in my CS-510 and both Husqvarna closed port 55's..........but I do like the 490's inboard clutch set-up and they are really light and nimble for a 50cc saw.

Never tried 3/8"LP on one so can't comment on that deal......Cliff

IMG_4510.JPG

just want to see what the options are out there for 50cc pro class saws without eletronic carbs

J reds website doesn’t want to load up properly on my phone, so I’m. It sure what they have available.
Post up any brand/model you know, thank you!!
261 C... I just bought one. Doubt you are going to find anything with the same amount of horsepower at 50cc that has as good a bar/chain setup.

261 C... I just bought one. Doubt you are going to find anything with the same amount of horsepower at 50cc that has as good a bar/chain setup.
But you could easily do a muffler mod on one of the others and buy a nice RW bar and still have money left over.
Don't get me wrong the 261cm vr II is a great running saw.

It is. A little heavier and bulkier than your 550. Better torque(they prefer 3/8 chain in my experience) and better A/V. Once you remove the cat from the muffler and tune them they're very reliable.
Can't we just say it's fat, or is that not PC these days:laughing:.

Back