• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

new saw mod ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetblack3

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Was time to upgrade my saw, been running an 029 with a 20 inch bar for past twenty years now and it has been an awesome saw. The unit is a little underpowered when in the big stuff so I done the muffler mod on it a couple years back. Seem to make a noticeable improvement and is still going strong. Tonight I picked up a new MS362 c-m with the 25 inch bar. Was wanting more power and more bar for the big stuff. Have heard there is no baffle in the 362 saw so just removing the spark screen and opening up the outlet is about all I would need to do. From what I've read there is no adjustment screws to retune the carb

Question#1 Since these new machines have the smart carb, can the exhaust still be opened up safely without issue to get just a little more umph out of it.

Absolutely! My 241 CM is so much better after muffler mod. Do your muffler mod, then reset saw's learned memory by running in the start position (third position that holds at higher idle) for 30 seconds to a minute, then, without touching the throttle, switch saw off. This resets memory. Then, start your saw and make 5 or 6 cuts in a log that is close to the size of your bar. After 4 or 5 cuts, the saw should come alive and behave much better than stock!

Sent from my SAMSUNG SM-N900A..FireKat N3 V25XxXR

Latest posts

Back