New saw time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve easy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
IMG_20200624_151214.jpgIMG_20200624_150658.jpgIMG_20200624_150548.jpg
Got the 500i before xmas. Cool saw but not very comfortable to run for long periods, much better on the mill.
First 572 I bought in Feb 2019. It's worn the 32" the whole time, hasn't given me any problems at all.
Didn't Really need another 572 but the finance minister (wife) approved it, now I've just got to convince her I really need another ms880.

I just purchased a few 2100’s they can cut the big wood. Not that often but they are ready to tackle anything.

My misses is a bean counter (accountant) she complained about investing in the chain saws but when the money was rolling in selling firewood the story chained. I never invested in anything where I didnt make money. I’m truly blessed.

Hi @steve easy , you mentioned the 500i was uncomfortable to use for long term. Can you expand on your comment as to why you felt it is and what bar you used. Waiting for them to come to the states and interested. Thanks
I ran the stihl for a month using the 28" stihl bar and the 32" sugihara bar thats on the old 572. Single skip chisel chain.
For me it was hard on my hands. Fun to run but only for short bursts, longer than a couple of tanks and the vibes were starting to get to me.
I didnt think i would ever be into a stihl again after the 661 dramas i went through. I like the i but wouldnt go and buy another for a work saw.

Thanks for your words, interesting with modern saws now the av system is not riding on air for how much the "i" cost. Hiking far on trails the power to weight ratio is looks good on paper. I hope USA requirements dont cripple performance when it gets here.

Thanks for your words, interesting with modern saws now the av system is not riding on air for how much the "i" cost. Hiking far on trails the power to weight ratio is looks good on paper. I hope USA requirements dont cripple performance when it gets here.
No problem.
The i feels crazy light when you pick it up, like its missing a flywheel.
500i $2600
572 $2200

current exchange rates from xe.com,

in US Dollars that is:

$1,670 for the Stihl MS500i
$1,412.76 for the Husky 572

Back