New show on National Geographic Thursdays at 9pm.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read the thread on the B word site it had 3 replies , granted it's an old horse since the show is over but hey that shows the dedication of its members and how they prolly just moved on to rubber neck the next car crash .

Only 2 replies plus me.
One thing I find different on the buzz compared to other forums is you don't have to log in or be a member to view attachments. That drives up the viewer : responder ratio big time, I think.

I don't think they should remove the show. But they are right. They could have a cool show without the BS. I posted this earlier on face book, not going to retype it. Some of you may Disagree and that's fine. I get it. It is America and they have the right to do it if they want too. I agree with that 100% But a couple of those crews really do give us a black-eye, to the GP. Sure your clients know you are not like that and if ya are...........But the vast majority of the GP does not and we have a hard enough time always being stereo typed as a bunch of jackwagons. There are way more hacker than Arbs. So a national show that glorifies that type of work as the standard package, does us no favors. Anyhow, this is what I posted

"Well, they are right. I am positive that they can do that show with out all the BS staged incidents that makes us all look like Bubba Hack. It is pretty obvious that some, but not all, of the outfits on the show have it together, so it shouldn't be hard. Most of my Marine brothers watch it, all of my family and close friends watch it. To them, the staged stuff is pretty lame, just another Ax-Men. I keep waiting to hear about someone, from one of these shows, getting killed because of a producer's constant push. You can tell that the crews know what is what, but money talks. Most people that I have talked to, like the scary stuff, like lifting huge chunks over houses. They love the chipper's! If they went after it with the attitude of "look how badass these guys are" instead of "what are these fools going to do next" they would have a cooler show and get more rating's. Street outlaws, the new show about drag racing is getting huge. They still have the crap talking, but the racing is for real. That show Wrecked, about the O'hare brother's in Chicago. Dude's in monster wreckers, lifting semi's out of ditches while getting passed by thousands of cars. Pretty freakin dangerous. They also have a bit of drama.....in the garage, but the job-site scenes are real and they always operate in a safe,professional manor, you see no antics at all. Those producer's know how to capture the drama of a really serious situation without purposely putting lives at risk. I like the show and hope it stays, its pretty cool being able to see what I do everyday on a show. To bad all my friends, that do not do this, rib me all the time about it. If they keep it, not sure I would keep all the same crews tho."

Latest posts

Back