New show on National Geographic Thursdays at 9pm.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that the show needs to make the drama,,they would be bored watching a good job done, I know I would.
Cone off and post a street and to make it interesting, buy an old crap car from a junk yard and tow it under the tree,
Find a house foreclosed and buy and bash,
Good fun!
Jeff,,,,,I get it.

I knew a tree company owner in NJ that used to have junk cars towed in from the junkyard to slam big sticks on to eliminate damage to roads and driveways etc. Have thought about doing it but not to date done it. Would have to pay the tow in and out and hey, now we have all have big cranes...right?

Vet....it is hard to be a foreman and not be a prick.....that is why most good guys don't want to move up. I hear people talking about team building and **** like that but at the end of the day, we get some characters in the tree business and they have to be dealt with....being nice, in many cases, allows them to walk all over you.

How many foreman do you have in your business?
I got one Teamie (me), and I can be a badass mofo (read prick) at times too...but usually I am a sweetie pie.

I knew a tree company owner in NJ that used to have junk cars towed in from the junkyard to slam big sticks on to eliminate damage to roads and driveways etc. Have thought about doing it but not to date done it. Would have to pay the tow in and out and hey, now we have all have big cranes...right?
That gives me some ideas! I might have to find somethings to crush and make a vid. That would be cool to smash a car and then stuff it in the log loader! LOL

That gives me some ideas! I might have to find somethings to crush and make a vid. That would be cool to smash a car and then stuff it in the log loader! LOL
I got a barge bumper from a customer who told me they are unpoppable , it's been sitting on the roof of my container for a few months maybe I'll drop a tree on that , I was told unless something stabs it wouldn't be popped by anything less then 50 tons it would just stretch and contort LOL . Now we'll see I'll prolly miss it a few times with my tree LOL

I got a barge bumper from a customer who told me they are unpoppable , it's been sitting on the roof of my container for a few months maybe I'll drop a tree on that , I was told unless something stabs it wouldn't be popped by anything less then 50 tons it would just stretch and contort LOL . Now we'll see I'll prolly miss it a few times with my tree LOL

If it does pop its gonna sound like a bomb going off lol

Sent from my AutoTune carb

If it does pop its gonna sound like a bomb going off lol

I'll take a picture of it tomorrow it's like 5ft tall and about 4ft wide I took it to a job as yard bumper but chickened out I was afraid the wood would hit and fly back into the air and hit the house or my truck LOL , or catch a corner of it and have it going shooting off and take something out !

If I had that I would have to try it! I see what your saying though it could turn interesting real quick!

Bring on diwn to my house. I am gonna be dropping some trees for my neighbor and I couls video it with the go pro.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Some years ago, I did a bunch of removals at this old church that was getting demoed. I was going to drop a big silver maple on it and film it. But had this weird feeling about doing it to a church, so I chickened out!
As far as the scripting, you know they do it. Just like John over pond, that was for the show. As I said before, Tree Techs antics are much mellower than the rest, so I am sure that it was a deal where they (Tree Tech) and the producers battled it out and came up with doing a bit at the owners house. That way it can be all controlled and if something bad where to happen, well, its at the owners house. I wouldn't have kid with a busted up arm on a tag, nor do I think they would either. Nor do I believe a Jarhead would let someone talk to him like that all the time, again, scripted so they are not boring, other wise they will can Tree Tech, like they did the Heli Loggers on the first season of AxMen, not enough drama and good work is boring. It is all,Totally for the show. The house, scripted, all the other BS........... scripted, except for that hit and when he got caught up with his lanyard, that hit was no joke and he is damn lucky that he didn't get hurt. That was just really bad work in general. Speaking of General, notice how American Climbers all wear cammie bottoms and they call the owner the General.............Lame. I hope there is a second season, I also hope that they show less BS, but I am a tree guy that knows the difference, so I enjoy a flawless victory, the GP, who has no clue, will find that boring and change the channel. They are the ones targeted, so the producers make the show to keep them interested, not us.

Last edited:
... scripted so they are not boring, other wise they will can Tree Tech, like they did the Heli Loggers on the first season of AxMen, not enough drama and good work is boring....

Is that what happened? That was the only side of that show that I ever wanted to watch. :(

All the loggers acting like fools was just tired. I thought that all those guys acting like teenagers was just an insult to the whole industry. It was pretty unbelievable how they always had a camera in position at the bottom of the hill when a log went crashing downhill "out of control".

It's funny how easy it is to point fingers and talk while sitting behind a keyboard. I have never hid my name on here the way a lot of other people do. I don't get in to the name calling and bashing that occurs on threads. I usually on respond when I can help people out. I'm hoping this response will help open your eyes and educate you as well. In the nicest way possible, I will let you know that I have been working for the company for 18+ years. There were 5 guys when I started. We had one chip truck, one bucket and one chipper. The OCD boss you complain about, started with a pick up and a chainsaw and has busted his ass and given up a lot to get us to the point where we are today. None of us were handed anything. We just worked hard and made it happen no matter what it took,never walked away from anything. We have grown into a company of 100+with a lot of equipment, as you can see from my avatar. You don't do hack work getting to the size of the company we are, and still growing. How you see me on TV is how I am everyday. Will some see me as a prick? Yes. Is it for the safety of my crew that I act this way? Absolutely. I am one of the toughest guys in the company to work for, but that is because safety is of utmost importance to me. I try my hardest every day and expect the same ethics from others. Am I human and made and will still make mistakes? Yes. For those that are willing to learn, especially on my crews, I am always willing to stop what I'm doing to educate them and pass on my knowledge. I have taught many guys over the years and have learned from many great guys, in and outside the company. I have seen and experienced myself firsthand the damage mistakes can cause. I try to use my experience to prevent others from doing the same. I don't know everything, nor will I ever claim to. As far as I'm concerned, everyone can and should learn something if they can every day.

To answer the 2nd season question, we have not heard anything yet. It has business as usual since we stopped filming.

Are you satisfied with how the show was edited?

Just watched the latest episode. All BS, like when Alfred or whatever his name was went for a little ride with the Spruce top after Ted did it last time..... Not sure on the American climbers 2 f ups, does look like sloppy work with the branch not getting pulled over on the notch and getting hit with that piece? The house old ******* hit already had the electric lines cut, you could see them a couple times, house was probably a tear down. That guy must be getting ready to retire for real like he said to act like the biggest **** up on the whole show.

Ok Buck we're gonna drop these big leaders on your barge bumper and they're gonna bounce off and blow out your windshield......is that worth 2G's?

Ok Buck we're gonna drop these big leaders on your barge bumper and they're gonna bounce off and blow out your windshield......is that worth 2G's?

I got the barge bumper on the front seat
ta4ype4a.jpg

Back