New show on National Geographic Thursdays at 9pm.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one Teamie (me), and I can be a badass mofo (read prick) at times too...but usually I am a sweetie pie.

LOL.....I used to be the main prick but now I have to give in and be nicey nice.....not sure which way is right....if you are too rough, the guys cry and if you are too soft, the guys walk all over you....I am still searching for the middle. I will say that if you have a guy working as a foreman, I would want him to put the company first and not his buddies on the crew.

Weren't you the guy that sent out an inept crew who tore down service then started a thread called electric line mishap . When it shoulda been called I almost got a idiot BBQ'd today ! Just saying if your gonna say how tough ya gotta be maybe a dose of training in your case would be better ! Just saying

In your eyes with the information you have, you are right. I am the dumb bastard that hired an inept crew and sent them out without any guidance and just about got them killed. I never once backed away from taking criticism. I don't care to give you the whole picture but if you must know....the foreman on the crew that day was 25% owner of the company and out ranked me and disobeyed my job instructions. It all came out in our review of the incident. He told the cutter to go over the wire and cut the tree. The cutter did not pay attention to how close he was. He admitted he knew what he was doing was wrong but the foreman told him to do it. So, yeah....my fault all the way. I came here to get more information to support my belief he did not know as much as he thought and to help show him how serious this stuff is. I can't make someone do something if they are going to disobey my instructions when I turn my back.

As far as being a foreman, I find it hard for someone not to be a prick to get results. I know there are many good crews and good foremen out there and if you got them then great. I, as all of us do, was just giving my opinion on the subject matter. I don't care to argue behind a keyboard and I merely prodded TreeVet into giving me more information so I would understand his viewpoint better. I suppose some people just can't take someone's opinion and let it be.

I apologize if I offended you treeclimber101

Last edited:
whoever the hell the guy is that says "Take it easy" when someone gets a little sideways or whatever, cracks me up every time i hear it. Staged accidents suck, and will make homeowners very leary about hiring anyone, but its a great show to watch. The tree that landed on the house, was wedged to do just that, makes me mad to see intentional accidents like a tree on a house, geting homeowners all over worried about their tree crashing into their house because someone lazy wouldn't climb it, or take it down with a bucket.

TCIA & ISA have sent a joint letter to Nat. Geo asking them to yank the show.
Is posted over on the Buzz.

Of course they did , they would almost have too to save some face ! If it's pulled it will be because no one knows may geo exists . I say bring back nosak raw that show really glorified this profession

These two Nazi associations should butt out. What the hell is this world coming to when a TV show causes such a uproar. Just because you have a option, it doesn't mean you need to force it on the rest of the world. If you don't like the show don't watch it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I suggest writing Nat. Geo and tell them to keep the show on. Govt. (tree Govt.) is trying to censor what we see. I have had numerous clients tell me they saw the show, like it, and know schit is staged. Just watch one Axeman episode and count all the safety violations. That show's been on for maybe 10 years. Shows evolve.

I bet dunlop/treebutts, and his snoots are spearheading the drive to end the show.

Anybody find a link to write in and tell how much we and others enjoy the show?

We don't get that Nat Geo channel up here, so I never got to enjoy watching it.
Don't understand how / why they (TCIA / ISA) would have drafted that letter with Andy Felix from Tree Tech listed as a Director of the Board on the letterhead. It makes that "public relations" letter look very cynical and hypocritical. If they (TCIA) actually mean what they say they meant in the letter, then Andy has got to resign.......which needed to have happened before the letter was signed.

Prolly to up the ratings , which to me means that no one is watching which kinda bothers me . I liked the show but who am I ? Apparently the only people watching either hate it (buzz) kinda guys and guys who like it (AS) kinda guys !

We don't get that Nat Geo channel up here, so I never got to enjoy watching it.
Don't understand how / why they (TCIA / ISA) would have drafted that letter with Andy Felix from Tree Tech listed as a Director of the Board on the letterhead. It makes that "public relations" letter look very cynical and hypocritical. If they (TCIA) actually mean what they say they meant in the letter, then Andy has got to resign.......which needed to have happened before the letter was signed.

Excellent points, can you link or scan and show the letter? Thanks.

I know SOME of those buzzards liked the show too. I got some support when I went to war with them while supporting the show and then got banned while on that thread. People are skeered to speak up over there for obvious reasons.

I tried to, Dave, incl. sending it to my email, and copying it to documents. Not a techie. Where is that monkey guy from The hilly part of Florida?
The copy can be viewed in the "the TCIA and ISA stand up against Big Bad Wood" thread on the first page of the forum.
The letter is a PDF file.

Last edited by a moderator:
u4epyrar.jpg
******* I gotta plug the truck in in the shop to keep it warm !

It just gets deeper and deeper this winter.
Some years are worse than others. This one is gonna do bad things to my bank acct.
Here is a shot I just took out the back window...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 9
Back