New SpeedPro Kinetic Log Splitter from TSC...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i called dr order there clutch part # 29462 bolted on no problems. engine speed at 2800 rpms pinion gear 261 rpms total cycle time 2 sec. only thing is if jams you have to manually disengage handle clutch will slip

what other modifications have you made?

The right idea

Car guy has the right idea. If either the DR or SuperSplit will work them the $75.00 or so dollars is the cheapest way out. And I own a machine shop too. I would like to see a photo of the the DR clutch. I am guessing both are using v-belts to drive the fly wheel?

no modifications. double v pully 1/2" wide belt grooves. shaft size 3/4" key way 3/16" pulley 1 3/4"

Last edited:
i called dr order there clutch part # 29462 bolted on no problems. engine speed at 2800 rpms pinion gear 261 rpms total cycle time 2 sec. only thing is if jams you have to manually disengage handle clutch will slip

With the Super Split you have to manually disengage, just bump the handle down, then pull up for another run at it.

The violent auto disengage of the speedpro is part of the problem.

SpeedPro clutch photos

I have made some pictures of the aforementioned clutch. IMO we are far better off buying a DR clutch to slow this machine down.

1. OD of 2-V pulley = 3.51"
  2. OD measured at the buttom of vee is 2.62"
In other words, there is no where enough material available to machine a smaller diameter pulley from this clutch.

View attachment 264104View attachment 264105View attachment 264106View attachment 264107View attachment 264108

The output shaft is 0.75" which pretty common so I am told.

I am going to order one from DR tomorrow.

:cheers: :welcome: :popcorn: :givebeer:

Glad to see someone actually tried the DR clutch. Not only that, I'm glad to hear that it worked.
I only wish someone would have come up with this idea, oh... about 25 or 30 pages ago....LOL.

[I remember one of the times I talked to a speeco rep that said speeco themselves ran into the same "lack of immediate availability" of a clutch with the proper size pulley...so in actuality it was a cost saving deal for them.]

Last edited:
:cheers: :welcome: :popcorn: :givebeer:

Glad to see someone actually tried the DR clutch. Not only that, I'm glad to hear that it worked.
I only wish someone would have come up with this idea, oh... about 25 or 30 pages ago....LOL.

[I remember one of the times I talked to a speeco rep that said speeco themselves ran into the same "lack of immediate availability" of a clutch with the proper size pulley...so in actuality it was a cost saving deal for them.]

i wonder if a rack is cheaper than a clutch?

Spare or replacement parts for the SpeedPRO

I just tried to get a price on some spare parts for a Speed Pro that was for sale in my neighborhood.

I was told that the only way they would sell spare or replacement parts was if I was the original buyer and I woud have to produce a copy of the orignal purchase receipt.

I never heard any thing like that from Super Split. One thing for sure, I will never buy a SpeedPRO or any thing else those guys manufacture.

I wonder if that policy has anything to do with Homeland Security????

Well, SHaun says I have to take the machine to a service center. Hopefully I can just take the rack in and they will give me a new one. Currently that is the only way to get parts. Great.

Well, SHaun says I have to take the machine to a service center. Hopefully I can just take the rack in and they will give me a new one. Currently that is the only way to get parts. Great.

It was at this point I heard that little voice in my head say... "I wish I had taken this thing back when I had the chance".

And what's up with not selling replacement parts for second hand machines?
That doesn't even make any sense...:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Last edited:
Rack and pinion should be here in a week. The shop in town offered to sell the two he had in the showroom for very cheap. Both come with an extra rack and pinion.

Rack and pinion should be here in a week. The shop in town offered to sell the two he had in the showroom for very cheap. Both come with an extra rack and pinion.

Jt, check your pm. Good to hear that someone is able to get parts for these.

this is the first i have heard of a pinion needing replaced. what happened? if tsc was the only supplier, how did the shop have two of them? what was the cost of rack and pinion?

Back