New SpeedPro Kinetic Log Splitter from TSC...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you watch videos of the super split and the speeco we have, it appears the super split runs slower. the speeco in original form runs scary fast as far as i am concerned. I have put the dr pulley on, and still don't run full throttle most of the time.

I have been known to spray the clutch mechanism with wd-40 to allow it to slip more. Allowing the belt to "chirp" on occasion should also reduce your concerns about breaking the rack/pinion also, which is my biggest fear also, as I don't believe that can be replaced easily. Good luck.

So I've come to this game very late I bought a used be go without doing any research. I love this machine whenever it's running properly it's very fast and efficient my problem is of broken teeth off of the rack and now I'm wondering if there's any way to buy replacement rack of contact at Speedco and they say that they no longer have replacement parts for the sign any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

So I've come to this game very late I bought a used be go without doing any research. I love this machine whenever it's running properly it's very fast and efficient my problem is of broken teeth off of the rack and now I'm wondering if there's any way to buy replacement rack of contact at Speedco and they say that they no longer have replacement parts for the sign any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Lots of options. Its going to depend on how you fab skills are and what you check books is like. There are new racks and pinions out there you could buy and fab up to replace what you have. Probably going to have to install a jack shaft also to slow it down. You could convert it over to a hyd cylinder type splitter I did that to one . When they were new and pulled off the market I bought two for scrap price and put a jack shaft on one because it had a rack the other one didn't so I converted it to use a cylinder. I hope you bought it cheap.

I've got a spare SS rack, pinion and flywheels I'd consider selling, just not sure if it would be worth the shipping. I wanted to build a diesel special edition and it cost me less to by a J model splitter and special edition rack, and flywheels than to buy a special edition splitter. I think slowing it down just comes down to buying a SS clutch.

When I had my Speeco I broke teeth off the rack with maybe 2-3 cords split. At that point I took it back for a full refund and bought a SuperSplit.

Since you bought it used, the refund isn’t likely an option.

At this point, if I had one with a broken rack and no chance of a refund, my only options I’d consider would be to scrap the mechanical portion and weld a cylinder on to convert it to hydraulic, or scrap it and buy a Supersplit.

The cylinder and hydro pump won’t be cheap, but if nothing else it should be cheaper than buying a whole new splitter. I assume the motor could be used to run a hydraulic pump, but I could be wrong.

What I wouldn’t, under any circumstance, do is try to put a new speeco rack on to continue using it as a kinetic. That’s guaranteed to fail, and likely soon, and you’ll be in the exact same position you are now except with less money.

Lots of options. Its going to depend on how you fab skills are and what you check books is like. There are new racks and pinions out there you could buy and fab up to replace what you have. Probably going to have to install a jack shaft also to slow it down. You could convert it over to a hyd cylinder type splitter I did that to one . When they were new and pulled off the market I bought two for scrap price and put a jack shaft on one because it had a rack the other one didn't so I converted it to use a cylinder. I hope you bought it cheap.
600.00 is what I paid I tried it out and it worked great. It looked brand new. How much are we talking for a new rack. The great part I have friends with elders

Latest posts

Back