New Stihl ms250 bar narrower at sprocket end?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BullCreek

Reaction score
I just got a new, stock Stihl 16" bar instead of the stock 18" and it is narrower/maybe bent in on the sprocket end. Chain grabs a good bit there but glides effortlessy around the rest of the bar. Also about half the paint along the top of the 'rails' is chipped off. The bar did come out of its cardboard sleeve inside the box it was shipped in. The bar seems otherwise new to me. What do you folks think? Is it used? Should I return it? Thank you and hello.

Also if anyone has any comments, that have not been posted in another thread, about using a "3/8" Stihl Picco .050 gauge" in 18", 16", 14" or 12" on the 3 horse plastic case ms250 or other similar saws I'd love to hear them.

I just got a new, stock Stihl 16" bar instead of the stock 18" and it is narrower/maybe bent in on the sprocket end. Chain grabs a good bit there but glides effortlessy around the rest of the bar. Also about half the paint along the top of the 'rails' is chipped off. The bar did come out of its cardboard sleeve inside the box it was shipped in. The bar seems otherwise new to me. What do you folks think? Is it used? Should I return it? Thank you and hello.

Also if anyone has any comments, that have not been posted in another thread, about using a "3/8" Stihl Picco .050 gauge" in 18", 16", 14" or 12" on the 3 horse plastic case ms250 or other similar saws I'd love to hear them.
post in chainsaw forum

Back