New Stihl MS261 metal broken near oil cap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i wasn't placing blame anywhere just mentioning that someone clearly put a sticker over damaged product, thats all.

...and got smooshed down over the missing, broken-off piece as if to say "No big deal!"

What's the deal with all the sketchy Stihl dealers this week in the Chainsaw forum?

Didn't happen. Why be such a negative Nancy?

Didn't happen. Why be such a negative Nancy?

So ... the OP was the one who smooshed down the sticker over the broken-off metal? Or ... who?
Because it sure looks to me like it was smooshed down. That's how the sticker got creased at the edge of the break.

screenshot_695.jpg

Look, in the grand scheme of things, I agree it's not a big deal. It's the principle of the thing that would piss me off. I'm also curious how many flights of stairs the saw had to tumble down before it took a hit hard enough in the right place to break that boss of metal off. It's not like breaking an eggshell...

All I'm saying is that Stihl didn't purposefully ship out a defective saw and try to cover it up with a sticker.

Agree. But I think that when the metal piece was broken off, it is likely that if the label had already been attached, the attached end piece of the label would have torn off with it.
But even if it didn't, since the end piece was still there, it leaves us with the question of who the "smoosher" was, 'cause the label is definitely smooshed against the broken metal.

The OP didn’t see it until later.
So the idea that no one else did is certainly plausible.
Things happen. The longer he uses it the less he will care. But if it’s irritating to him, then by all means he should ask for another saw.

Back