New Timberwolf alpha

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first box wedge with pull back arm I saw a few years back was a homemade youtube video. That guy needed to do a little redesign on his wedge, but the machine worked pretty well. With the timberwolf, the very first split left a large piece that needed resplitting fall into the wood pile. For that very reason, I wouldnt have one. Timberwolf needs to rethink their wedge design. I havent ran any of the commercial box splitters, but I have watched a ton of videos, homemade and commercial made. I think Eastonmade is still the best design, and they have also now added a pullback arm to their splitter. Of course I can nitpick EM splitters too. Dont know I have ever seen a splitter that made me think ah ha! thats the one I want. Even the ones I have built for myself seem to always fall a little short of what I wanted, and I see something I could have done a little better. Always a work in progress.

Back