new TM, not happy with center of gravity.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliff86

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've been climbing on a Weaver modded to have a rope bridge. Mods by me, nobody else uses it! My center of gravity is nearly to my crotch with good pull on the upper thighs. Feels good.

New TM... Center of gravity is much higher around belly button. The pull seems almost entirely around small of back. Already feel cramping in upper back just from about an hour of experimenting.

Any suggestions???

I've been climbing on a Weaver modded to have a rope bridge. Mods by me, nobody else uses it! My center of gravity is nearly to my crotch with good pull on the upper thighs. Feels good.

New TM... Center of gravity is much higher around belly button. The pull seems almost entirely around small of back. Already feel cramping in upper back just from about an hour of experimenting.

Any suggestions???

yeah, go back to your Weaver or deal with it,
Jeff :cool:

It will just need some adjusting and playing around with. Might try shortening the length of the bridge a little. I've read the TM is supposed to hang kinda low. If it's adjusted too high that might be why you feel it in your lower back.

TM has lots of adjustment, try playing and fitting

Love mine, does everything it should and hardly know it's there

TM is a great saddle. Most important adjustment is your hip to lower D adjustment. Of coarse your bridge, leg strap length and tightness all play a role, but play mostly with the hip/lower D. Shortening will put you more upright, lengthening will lean you back. Keeping leg pads low and semi loose works best for me. When you find the right combo, stitch your webbing in place so it doesnt move. Don't be scared of some trial and error : )

Back