New to me Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herman the German

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all I just got lucky and got a friend to sell me a saw he had. He got it in a trade and showed it to me and I had to have it.. this had been a few weeks ago and I hadn't stopped thinking about it since, I told him then I wanted to buy it and he had said $300.00 but also kept saying he wanted a saw around the house to "just have a saw", and I knew that it was a good little saw and that he wasn't the right owner for it cause he doesn't do any cutting at all, Im the one who gets his firewood and he always asks me to cut up anything that falls in his yard ect. Ect. And so on but Anyway he got another saw on another trade a couple days ago (a 450 rancher) and he asked if I wanted to buy it but I told him I'd rather have the 550xp and he said "but the rancher is brand new and had never been in wood" so I had to come up with a good reason to tell him I'd rather have the slightly older slightly more used XP than the new crappy rancher. I couldn't say well one is a pro saw and the other is crap so I think I told him "well you're my buddy and I'd rather you have the new one, and that's all the saw you'll ever need and and the older one is all I'll ever need so he finally sold me the 550xp but at a better price than he originally asked for.. got it for $270.00 so I think I did well hehehehe.. especially after I cut with it today. Wow this little guy is fast, unbelievably fast. It's an amazing saw and just thought I'd share this rambling story with everyone. Thanks for your time.. I'll get some pics together later today.

You can’t beat getting a new saw and having fun with it. Good score :)

Back