New (to me) MS250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys. Any tips on how to replace the brake handle? I know one screw is on the outside of the case. The other one seems to be inside the case on the chain side. How do I get in there?

Edit: I forgot I had the service manual, so I have had a read and will give it a go

Take the bar off. You'll see a cover above the sprocket. Two screws (Under the sawdust lol). Take the screws out. There's a couple of e-clips that come off.
Its pretty straight forward. Take a pic first. The cam assy can be confusing and
can be put in wrong. Make sure the flat spring is OK. That keeps tension on handle so it doesn't flop around. The only "Tip" is you do have to pry the handle out. The cam sits on a pin. Gently. Removing the recoil gives you more room. The extension spring will test you. They make a neat little tool, but if you ever did drum brakes, you figure it out.

Attachments

• 8b91beb23561bb31fbc76252769a725449407eda452b.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Take the bar off. You'll see a cover above the sprocket. Two screws (Under the sawdust lol). Take the screws out. There's a couple of e-clips that come off.
Its pretty straight forward. Take a pic first. The cam assy can be confusing and
can be put in wrong. Make sure the flat spring is OK. That keeps tension on handle so it doesn't flop around. The only "Tip" is you do have to pry the handle out. The cam sits on a pin. Gently. Removing the recoil gives you more room. The extension spring will test you. They make a neat little tool, but if you ever did drum brakes, you figure it out.
Thanks mate, I went and had a go, and then rechecked the manual as taking the handle off is quite a tight fit and I was worried I'd break something.

And yeah my initial confusion was that the screws were hissed by sawdust

Thanks heaps for the reply

Latest posts

Back