New (to me) Old Spurs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of ancient Klein pole spurs. They are a bit rust but the gaffs are like new. They are a fixed gaff-fixed length spur. There is no adjusting of anything. The only concern I have is the tread is very narrow and I have wide feet (and wide boots). The spurs are short but they are the same length as my regular Bucks when adjusted. I'm looking forward to trying them on thin barked trees like some eucs and Madrone.

Oh and at $9.99 if I don't like them or they don't fit I'm not out much money.

where did you find them at for that price? i'm still looking for some that won't break the bank but haven't found none yet.

where did you find them at for that price? i'm still looking for some that won't break the bank but haven't found none yet.

I bought these through ebay but there are often spurs at the local flee market. Keep in mind these are specialty spurs that may or may not work for me. Regular trees spurs will cost alot more.

oh i c well i'll try e-bay and see what i come up with lol.

They sound like they are ex phone co. spurs. My wife has a pair just that. Yes, she used to supervise an outside crew so she went through pole climbing school.

those are old they stopped coming out with fixed gaffs long ago great buy they will probably be great for hard woods

Latest posts

Back