new to me tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I DO NOT want to sit here and dis your dad's tractor BUT, If it was ME, i'd let that Mitsu go down the road.... They have some things about them that are very lightly built, and are not built as tough as your Ford... Probably wouldn't matter either way as a lawn mower, but.....

SR
I'm not so sure the Ford wasn't built by Mitsu, or Iseki or Yanmar or Isuzu.... None of the big colors built any of their subcompacts, or anythign under about 50 hp, for decades.....

I'd trade four less HP for FWD in a minute.

I'm not so sure the Ford wasn't built by Mitsu, or Iseki or Yanmar or Isuzu.... None of the big colors built any of their subcompacts, or anythign under about 50 hp, for decades.....

all ford tractors from the 2110-2120 and smaller were built by shibaura, a company out of japan. Ive owned two, a 86 1710 and a 97 2120. they are very rugged machines

Gents...not meaning to hijack but seems to be some tractor knowledge here in the thread. Anyone familiar with Mitsubishi sub compact 1500D? My father passed a couple months ago and my Mother wants me to buy his tractor or sell it outright for her. I have a Ford 1600 (2WD, no power steering, 23hp, FEL), the little Mitsubishi is (19hp, 4WD, power steering, FEL). Much smaller framed tractor but I have been using it for a few days and really like it...or might be that I really like the power steering.
Anyhow what would you think a fair price is? Tractor in very nice cosmetic shape about 1100 hours, with a FEL.

dunno for sure...probably in a range around $6k? last year I traded a nicely modded 95 jeep for a mitsu D2650FD (30hp), FEL, mower, box blade, & trailer. might check on availability of parts before you go grey market...!

@ the OP...nice tractor...green always looks good on a tractor! plus now you can get a green ball cap...green plate for your truck...green t-shirt...green beer coozie...and you can talk crap at the CO-OP to all the red and blue guys... ;)
good price me thinks too.

I agree with your last statement...

For the record, Shibaura tractors are a better design than a Mitsu tractor... Also, just because two brands of tractors were built in the same country doesn't mean they were built of equal design and quality...

SR

dunno for sure...probably in a range around $6k? last year I traded a nicely modded 95 jeep for a mitsu D2650FD (30hp), FEL, mower, box blade, & trailer. might check on availability of parts before you go grey market...!

@ the OP...nice tractor...green always looks good on a tractor! plus now you can get a green ball cap...green plate for your truck...green t-shirt...green beer coozie...and you can talk crap at the CO-OP to all the red and blue guys... ;)
good price me thinks too.
I'm green from childhood. Grandpa farmed with two-cylinders. Grew up on a h, b, mt, 50, 520, 630, and 730. I was driving the tractor baling hay when I was 5 with my uncle stacking on the wagon and turning the rig around at the ends.

Guys I was just throwing a finish mower on my wish list as a possibility. It would be a cheap way to mow. A lot cheaper than a new mower.

Nothing wrong with that. I have a 1050 with finish mower. If your acre is not an obstacle course, why pay thousands for a mower that takes an hour and a half to mow when you could pay $500 for a finish mower and be done in 20 minutes. And I can leave it on as counterbalance when I'm feeding round bales with fel. Of course, when I want take it easy or doing something else with it, the wife mows with a '49 cub with a belly mower.

Have fun with your new ride. I never realized I couldn't do without one until I got one.

Back