New toys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tigwelder83

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
New toys were picked up today! Added a kioti dk5510 to our tool box along with a farmi 351 logging winch. Not pictured is a branch manager rake which has yet to be delivered. Hoping this set up will make our cleanup much faster and easier. Still waiting for a 3rd function kit for the loader. Have a skidloader grapple, may opt for a branch manager grapple ( 1/2 the weight) tractor lifts 2,500 pounds, weight is about 5k without the farmi.
20210422_193435.jpg20210422_193447.jpg

New toys were picked up today! Added a kioti dk5510 to our tool box along with a farmi 351 logging winch. Not pictured is a branch manager rake which has yet to be delivered. Hoping this set up will make our cleanup much faster and easier. Still waiting for a 3rd function kit for the loader. Have a skidloader grapple, may opt for a branch manager grapple ( 1/2 the weight) tractor lifts 2,500 pounds, weight is about 5k without the farmi.
View attachment 902839View attachment 902840
Very nice am sure it will do a great job.

You will love that Farmi winch. Brainstorm a way to quickly add and remove a bunch of weight from the winch. Like suitcase weights or a barrel full of sand or concrete that has chains for the notches on the winch. It'll be in the way for some skidding, but if you're gonna be doing loader stuff all day having an extra thousand pounds back there will really be nice.

View attachment 902839View attachment 902840

Nice! Farmi winch is such a time and back saver. We use a similar set up on a John Deer. Works great for those Pennsylvania back yards.

You will love that Farmi winch. Brainstorm a way to quickly add and remove a bunch of weight from the winch. Like suitcase weights or a barrel full of sand or concrete that has chains for the notches on the winch. It'll be in the way for some skidding, but if you're gonna be doing loader stuff all day having an extra thousand pounds back there will really be nice.

I don’t think he’ll need weight if the tires are filled? Need to put a pintle hitch under the block on that winch. I have the same winch, I’ll put up a pic later

I don’t think he’ll need weight if the tires are filled? Need to put a pintle hitch under the block on that winch. I have the same winch, I’ll put up a pic later

Agreed on the hitch. I added a 2" receiver on mine. Super handy.

About the weight, filled tires are great and help with stability, but ballast on the three point helps even more. If you get enough back there it'll actually unload the front axle a little bit. On these big CUTs and small utility tractors, the front axle is definitely a weak point, given how much loader capacity they have. If you find yourself lifting close to the machine's limit, having as much weight hanging off the back as possible is ideal.

Nice. You might want to consider adding a toothbar to the FEL. I put one on my Kubota B7800 seventeen years ago with the idea that I would remove it whenever it was not need for digging, but have found it so handy that it has never come off. It gets lots of use as a rake or claw to pull or snag brush and whatnot. Obviously not as effective as a grapple when it comes to grabbing and carrying, but surprisingly close. Next to the chainhooks welded to the bucket, the toothbar has been the most cost effective addition to increase the tractor's functionality. Plus it gives a mean look.
B7800.jpg

This thing is awesome for forwarding homeowner brush piles, etc. out to the grapple truck. Only way to deal with that crap anymore. Great front end weight when skidding trees too. 5E29770D-0295-42EA-867C-2C134E306FB9.jpeg

How many acres are you maintaining with that thing? Wish I had something that size!
0 acres... its for my tree service. Picking stem wood up, raking sticks, winching leaders, pulling stuff to the chipper or out of the yard. Same thing urban crews use a dingo for

Nice. You might want to consider adding a toothbar to the FEL. I put one on my Kubota B7800 seventeen years ago with the idea that I would remove it whenever it was not need for digging, but have found it so handy that it has never come off. It gets lots of use as a rake or claw to pull or snag brush and whatnot. Obviously not as effective as a grapple when it comes to grabbing and carrying, but surprisingly close. Next to the chainhooks welded to the bucket, the toothbar has been the most cost effective addition to increase the tractor's functionality. Plus it gives a mean look.
View attachment 903202
Not a tooth bar fan. Tooth buckets on the other hand yes. And its getting plumbed for a grapple... :)

Do you use your winch at all for felling? I'm thinking about welding a d ring on so I can 2 block.

I use mine all the time for pulling trees over. Works great. The most persuasion I've used is a doubling block rigged in the tree. So usually winch to a redirect to a rope which goes to the block in a tree to an anchor, which might be where the redirect is. Your experience may vary, but even the undoubled 7700# of pull can be enough to yank my tractor around. Doubling to a d-ring on the winch is sure to be able to move the tractor.

In the vast majority of cases, just the redirect to a point as high in the tree as I can get it is enough to pull them over. No doubling necessary.

I've been looking for a new tractor that is pretty comparable to what you guys are posting pics of. I want to use it on tree job sites with a grapple. But I am thinking it will be just as handy to load trees we are planting on to the truck, then put the loader on a trailer and bring it with us so we can move the trees, use an auger to help dig holes, move wood chips, etc. I've been using that type of tractor a lot lately and I like it but I don't own it. I'm trying to convince them to sell it to me but I'm looking for a different one just in case they won't.

I've been looking for a new tractor that is pretty comparable to what you guys are posting pics of. I want to use it on tree job sites with a grapple. But I am thinking it will be just as handy to load trees we are planting on to the truck, then put the loader on a trailer and bring it with us so we can move the trees, use an auger to help dig holes, move wood chips, etc. I've been using that type of tractor a lot lately and I like it but I don't own it. I'm trying to convince them to sell it to me but I'm looking for a different one just in case they won't.
Tractor is great but an articulating, telescoping loader with one of those tree/pot clamp (whatever it’s called. Almost looks like a bale clamp, the one I’m thinking of) attachments would be ideal for the nursery. More lifting power, more maneuverable (think in between rows of trees, etc.), and telescope would allow you to load the other side of the truck. Add a grapple and then you have a tree machine too. Pricey, but just a thought.

Latest posts

Back