New Tractor and Winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Beefie. It has been waaaay to wet around here for working in the woods with a tractor. Hopefully we will get a bit of frost in the ground soon. I have a bunch of dead and dying ash trees in the ravine that will need to be felled and pulled out this winter. Right now I have been making due with this.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Is that an "HD" Ranger? The one with the load leveling rear suspension. Wow, what a load!

Great thread and great set-up Turkeyslayer.

Is that an "HD" Ranger? The one with the load leveling rear suspension. Wow, what a load!

Yes it is the HD with the load leveling suspension. Right now the shocks are set in the "sport" configuration, but I intend on moving them out to the outer mounts which is more of a "work" setting. So far I am very pleased with the ranger and its capabilities, it sure will haul a fair size load without issue. It is rated for 1000lbs in the bed and being that the wood pictured was standing dead ash, and it was close to 1/3rd of a cord I figure I was close to the max capacity give or take a few pounds:D

A rank

Yes it is the HD with the load leveling suspension. Right now the shocks are set in the "sport" configuration, but I intend on moving them out to the outer mounts which is more of a "work" setting. So far I am very pleased with the ranger and its capabilities, it sure will haul a fair size load without issue. It is rated for 1000lbs in the bed and being that the wood pictured was standing dead ash, and it was close to 1/3rd of a cord I figure I was close to the max capacity give or take a few pounds:D
A rank which is a third of a cord at 15 percent weighs between 1000 and 1200 lbs you pull it down to 8 to 10 percent under a 1000 lb. I have a small Nisson 2011 have checked it on different scales in my area several times. I can tell the difference if it 1200 lb with two of us fattys in it. A 1000 lb of bundles and me smooth as silk.

Hey TS - I am looking to upgrade my little utility tractor MF (1045) and the 2615 is near the top of the list probably the top with the 3500 rebate they are running right now. Like someone else mentioned I have heard of the leaking issues and loose bolts (things not torqued to specs) and was curious if you are still loving your tractor?

Hey TS - I am looking to upgrade my little utility tractor MF (1045) and the 2615 is near the top of the list probably the top with the 3500 rebate they are running right now. Like someone else mentioned I have heard of the leaking issues and loose bolts (things not torqued to specs) and was curious if you are still loving your tractor?
Yep, still loving it. I think off the top of my head I have somewhere around 700 hours on it now with no major issues.
Awesome! Bet you can get some production done with that! :rock:
Thanks. I use it often and sure think it would be a pain without it:D
attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 288843
View attachment 288842

Glad to see that the Massey is still working good for you. You ever look in to a Metavic log trailer? It really increases production.

Beefie

Glad to see that the Massey is still working good for you. You ever look in to a Metavic log trailer? It really increases production.

Beefie

Those trailers are very nice. If I was cutting and transporting wood any distance that would definitely be an option.

Not far, just across the road. The FIL had his bush logged by former arboristesite member EHP. We are currently cleaning up the tops, getting close to 40 full cords cut.

Not far, just across the road. The FIL had his bush logged by former arboristesite member EHP. We are currently cleaning up the tops, getting close to 40 full cords cut.

That should help with your firewood sales inventory for next year. How much winch cable are you down to now:hmm3grin2orange:

beefie

At the rate I have burnt through wood with my homemade owb this first year I may need all that wood for myself:msp_scared: But hopefully some mods this summer and only burning dry wood should help the wood consumption next winter. And so far I still have the whole 150' of cable, moving up to the bigger cable is almost a must if a person actually plans on working the winch.

Latest posts

Back