New tree service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardedbeast

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How do you know what all you can write off as tax deductions in va? I'd like to become full time instead of a weekend warrior. Any help will be much appreciated !!!

i would find yourself an honest accountant/tax preparer, it will save you numerous head aches and possible legal problems in the long run. they can handle tax prep, workmans comp issues and some even act as insurance agents. where in virginia are you

Near Roanoke. In a small that deals a fair bit of firewood and tree services for mainly elderly and lazies

But I might be able to get by with talking to my tax and insurance agents

99.9% of write-offs are a federal question, not a state question. Have never done VA taxes, but most of the time you take your income (either adjusted or possibly gross) from your federal form and transfer it to the State form. If you are using the adjusted income from federal, the write-offs are already included. Read the IRS instructions on Schedule C.

Federal makes sense. They have plenty of our tax money... That's besides point, I just want to be competitive with the other tree services in my town. Section c sounds like a good start. Is that in the irs.gov site? I'm thinking I've seen that somewhere, not sure.

Back