New tree show on TLC tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone U tube a session yet?

turned off my cable a few years back...

Wow, nine posts, all but one in threads about this show. Makes one wonder if someone is who they say they are?

:popcorn: :popcorn:

The letter is, at once, a great piece of factual presentation for our industry and profession. You, whoever you are, are seen to be a shill for the show, and an uncouth lout, to boot. I am very pleased that ISA and TCIA responded as quickly as they did to those of us who wrote in and complained both to them and Discovery Communications. Hopefully a show may come around that shows professional arborists at work. Then again, when professionals do the job correctly, it does not make for great TV for the masses, but we, here, would certainly enjoy it.

I find it interesting that the episodes still on the Nosack site show a much more professional crew and attitude. Shame they didn't do it right the first time around.

Yelling and screaming on a job site does nothing to produce a smooth running crew. It creates dissent and animosity that makes the job go a lot tougher.

Taking unnessary risks to life and propery are also inexcusable.

A well-run tree job is supposed to be boring. No surprises, everyone where they're supposed to be, doing what they'r supposed to do.

I find it interesting that the episodes still on the Nosack site show a much more professional crew and attitude. Shame they didn't do it right the first time around.

Yelling and screaming on a job site does nothing to produce a smooth running crew. It creates dissent and animosity that makes the job go a lot tougher.

Taking unnessary risks to life and propery are also inexcusable.

A well-run tree job is supposed to be boring. No surprises, everyone where they're supposed to be, doing what they'r supposed to do.

Interesting point. During the job we did Tuesday, the homeowner commented that he didn't understand how we hardly needed to speak to each other (except for cracking jokes at someone else's expense). Would have made boring TV, I guess...

:cheers:

Last week my buddy and I cut down 12 trees, chipped them and bucked up the wood and hardly said one word to each other. He was up in the lift I was on the ground with the tractor and chipper. On a more difficult tree when roping we communicate a little more but not much. Our T.V. show would suck to watch. The reason I like the show so much is because I can't believe the stupid stuff he does and can't wait to see whats next. I agree hes bad at what he does, but it's guys like him that keep me in business and enable me to charge a decent rate for doing good work. Just like anything else you get what you pay for. There will always be a market for hacks and one for professionals. The people who want to and are willing to pay for professionals will always be there, thats who I market and thats who I work for. All this show does is make professionals look better and maybe encourage people to think twice before just picking up the phone book and calling the first number they see. Bottom line is most shows on T.V. today suck. I actually looked forward to seeing this show and now it;s no longer there.

Last edited:
Bottom line is most shows on T.V. today suck. I actually looked forward to seeing this show and now it;s no longer there.
yep, all because of a bunch of babys worried about what it would do to the tree care industry which I think is just a cop out for being jealous that they don't have a show.

You got me I really want a TV show, I want to go on TV making an a$$ of myself and my industry. I want people to laugh at my job and call me a moron..... :dizzy:

Oh yeah, me too!
so if TLC called you and wanted you to do a show about the tree care industry but with a slight amount of drama and offered to pay you $10,000 each time an episode aired you wouldn't do it??????

PLEASE SPARE ME!!!!!!!!!

so if TLC called you and wanted you to do a show about the tree care industry but with a slight amount of drama and offered to pay you $10,000 each time an episode aired you wouldn't do it??????

PLEASE SPARE ME!!!!!!!!!
enough of your crap RF. drama could be added by the narrator not the performing crews. Nosak's show sucked! i was hoping fer a much better show. COME ON T.L.C. yall can do better then that!!:dizzy:

PLEASE SPARE ME!!!!!!!!!

If they were going to portray my work in that dramatic, ####ty way then no I wouldn't be on TV.

From nosaks website "due to 7000 complaints" the show was temporarily taken off the air.

Nope.

Drama is bad... it means things didn't go as planned.

Latest posts

Back