New user Englander questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cskeller07

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New to the site, and wood burning (on my own at least)

I have an Englander 3500 hooked up with about 25 foot of chimney liner, maybe a 3-4 foot horizontal slope from the burner to the wall.

Just looking for advice on how to get the best longest burn times.

The manual says after you have fire started to close bottom and control with top. I've read a lot of you who do the opposite?

I also have a Rutland magnetic temp gauge on the front of the burner and one on the pipe about a foot and a half up. The temp's on those don't usually get up into the "burn zone" on either unless i'm running the thing wide open and feeding every half hour. However, with that being said i have an IR gun that shows surface temps are actually about 100 warmer than the rutland thermometer reads.

Temp wise in my house im ranging 65-70 after burning for a while, however i'm gone to work 8-5 and can't keep it really fed well during the week.

I'm playing and learning but just looking for any pro tips and additional advice i can get.

I almost feel bad about starting another threat like this but I think you boys enjoy discussing this stuff :cheers:

Latest posts

Back