New user group for web site owners.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddhlakebound

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This usergroup is for tree service/small business owners who also administrate their own websites.

As all of us with our own website already knows, it's not easy to get to the top of the search engines, or even develop the site to what we want them to be. It's time consuming to diy, and it's expensive to hire out for every little thing.

A few years back I had a couple conversations with other treecompany/website owners who were more than willing to give me some help....for the right price. Well, sometimes I'm too stubborn for my own good, and paying someone to do something for me wasn't going to do anything to help me learn it for myself, so I started reading, attempting, and learning how to run my website better. Probably much like alot of you who run your own sites too.

I'm still not satisfied, but I'm getting happier as time goes on. My rankings have improved alot, and I'm slowly getting more business directly from the website.

So here's an invite for all you guys who own your business and run your website. Hopefully we can create a group who'll all increase our learning curve and use our web marketing more effectively.

Just post here, or shoot me a PM if you'd like an invitation to the group.

Oh...Duh.....the usergroup is named W.O.W.I.T., for: website owners working in trees.

Last edited:
Cool I'm just getting into the website deal. Mine was put up as a promo deal. Now I need to learn to maintain it and fully take advantage.

I'd be interested too. I tried doing it myself a few years ago, but just didn't have the know how. Now I have people who do it for me, and I'm not happy with their work. You want it done right... you have to do it yourself or spend a LOT of money I guess???

Thanks to all who've already joined, however we're still looking for more members.

We've begun a peer review of one members site each week, so if you've got a website for your business you'd like feedback on from people who run their own sites too, W.O.W.I.T. is the place to get it.

Of course, all members should also provide feedback for each weekly review, too.

Just post here, or shoot me a PM if you'd like to join.

Google groups make interesting reading many times.

I think that much can be learned from looking at and discussing other sites, too.

Thanks for letting me know about it Mike and I would like to be in the group although I did not build my site and do not maintain it, I am responsible for all of the content in it. I want to know more and improve standing. :popcorn:

I am responsible for all of the content in it.

So why do you have this picture (pilfered from one of my websites) of a fig tree in Brisbane City Botanical Gardens on a cincinnati website?

attachment.php

Thanks for letting me know about it Mike and I would like to be in the group although I did not build my site and do not maintain it, I am responsible for all of the content in it. I want to know more and improve standing. :popcorn:

Noticed your site the other day.

Was that a template, or from scratch?

I don't know MD but hope to find out in this group. But maybe you are looking for the more knowledgeable site builder? My next step is producing some videos for insertion. I am leaning towards the tree care subject rather than the hack em down rock music usual fare.

I am not overwhelmingly preoccupied with learning how it ticks, a high school boy made this site from my information and is very reasonable.

I don't know MD but hope to find out in this group. But maybe you are looking for the more knowledgeable site builder? My next step is producing some videos for insertion. I am leaning towards the tree care subject rather than the hack em down rock music usual fare.

I am not overwhelmingly preoccupied with learning how it ticks, a high school boy made this site from my information and is very reasonable.

One site in the landscape field that tinkers with a tad bit of video, is Highridge in WA.

http://www.highridge.com

Small video, but that's about all that's needed.

Like your idea for what the video is about. You could have themed pages too, with different video styles. I think that 30 seconds to a minute is about all that's needed.

:)

Only jumping in here a couple of weeks late...

I have learned a LOT over the last 4-6 months. I would like to learn what I missed as well as share what I can with others.

Count me in please!

Back