New vintage saws Poulan 505 3800

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PP 505 isn't that old - introduced in 1993, and terminated just a few years ago.

It is the same saw as the original Jonsered 2083 (not 2083 II).
:)

The 505 I have listed was purchased in 90 or 91 I was told
Acre's site says the 2083 is 76.5 cc's. The 505 is 81ish

Last edited:
.... The 2083 is less cc's

No, they both are 82.4cc - but the 2083 II is just 76.5cc, like the 2077, P7700 ("family father") and PP445......

Btw, there also were some 71 and 65 cc saws in the same "family" (Partner and PP, not Jred).

It is easy to find out when that 505 was made, just post the serial number, or at least the first four digits.....:)

The 505 I have listed was purchased in 90 or 91 I was told
Acre's site says the 2083 is 76.5 cc's. The 505 is 81ish

The 2083 specs listed there is the 2083 II, even though it doesn't say so....

The original 2083 was sold for a very short time only, in the US.

It is a very good sourse for initial info on a saw, but you can't trust everything that is there, quite a few mistakes actually......

Last edited:
Has anyone thought about giving awards to the members that have given so much of there time to help others? SawTroll has over 52,000 posts on this site and all of them are informative. I vote that we do a "you dah man" contest and all of us pitch in a coin or two. :clap:

Has anyone thought about giving awards to the members that have given so much of there time to help others? SawTroll has over 52,000 posts on this site and all of them are informative. I vote that we do a "you dah man" contest and all of us pitch in a coin or two. :clap:

Thanks, but only if you consider saying good morning and reporting the weather down in the "Good morning" thread informative! :D

By the way, the PP 505 was a Poulan Pro version of the Jonsered 2083, and basically was a Partner design made at the Husky factory! o_O

Back