New vs. old 372XP Whats the difference?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAW

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting another 372XP. Whats the difference between the new model and my old 2008 model? I tried to do a search but didnt come up with much. Is the power and reliablility still there or did the EPA put an end to that too? From looking on the husqvarna website the new ones even look different, I like the way the old model was set up with the big airbox sitting on top. Are the new models designed differently?

Yes designed differently.. They are a strato saw like the 575/576's... I believe you can convert them back over to non strato with the old style Piston cylinder and all carb/intake stuff. Havent ran one yet but they seem to be liked much more than the 575/576 on here anyways.

Search 372xt on here and it will bring up more threads.

Never ran the auto tune just the regular 575.. I hear the AT is a great improvement... Have you had much trigger time on the new 372xt... Curious myself how it compares.

owned bot the 372XT and 576 AT. the 372 is lighter but also less torque. Had the 372 for like 2 months cut 15 cords of wood with it, dont like it compaired to the old 372.
the 576at I cut timber with it for 6 months, AWSOME is all I have to say. It weights a little more than a 372 but pulls a 32" bar like a 288xp would. I am sold on the 576AT, that will be my go to saw next year.

Back