New Wood Shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bet you find out in the end Your wood isn't going to stay as dry as some one who juslt laid tin on top of a stack.
Doesn't appear to be much over hang of the tine and every time a strog storm blows up you will get wind driven rain all over your wood.

:D Al

I agree, he should have made the roof with more overhang. It can be fixed with longer R panels on the roof but he would have to duck under the back side to load and unload. I would have made it taller with more overhang.

A really nice garden shed of the wifes gardening tools and a potting shelf even with windows for light would have gotten atta boy points and look good too.

storage-shed-garden-shed-elite-a-frame-with-transom-dormer-4_0.jpg

I would put in a small wood burner and take it over for my man shed. Pull the shades and take a secret nap too, a place to drink extra coffee even.

:D Al

What a man wants to build and how they want to build it is their choice and their business. Especially if someone plans to spend "forever" at their current home, why not spend the $ to do what makes them happy.

Since I had a large family I have become a cheap bastard. I will scrounge materials and cobble things together to get through. At the same point, if I am going to do a project once, I want to do it right.

Fortunately July, August and September can be very Hot and Dry, and D Fir can season well, if CSS, EARLY in the season, plus we do get a lot of standing dead, that already has a Low MC when cut, I got into some standing dead that was 13-15% MC in July, that is already putting BTU's into our home:)

We are only about 1,200' elevation at the house, but just up the hill at Government Camp, about 3,500', it is already Snowing, and they had the plows out and working :surprised3: this morning.
Doug :cheers:

Yo, Doug! FIVE inches of rain this cold, wet September! Can you believe that? Could be a looong winter, but at least fire season was easy on us.

14 cords in, and started the first fire last night.

Hey, you've been a member for exactly two years today, Doug!

Bob

PS, OP, I think you did a hell of a job - please pardon the cross-talk.

south-bound.jpg

Yo, Doug! FIVE inches of rain this cold, wet September! Can you believe that? Could be a looong winter, but at least fire season was easy on us.

14 cords in, and started the first fire last night.

Hey, you've been a member for exactly two years today, Doug!

Bob

PS, OP, I think you did a hell of a job - please pardon the cross-talk.

south-bound.jpg

Hi Bob, Haven't heard from you in awhile, Sorry that you didn't make it to the GTG, but I was only there for 3 hours myself:(

My stacks aren't well organized, I have about 8 or so cords CSS, and about another 7 or so bucked and stacked in the driveway waiting to get split, and stacked:(:(:(

I got that 2 cord load from I-5 in June, was back in August, nothing left but piles of chips:(:(, I Hope that some other firewood hacks got some of it before the chippers went through.

Yep a bit wet this year, but I was Happy about the easy fire season this year:)

Don't be such a Stranger;)

My Apologies as well for the thread drift

Hello,
I am building a new wood shed in our back yard and thought I would share a picture with you all.
Its 4' x 16' x 5' in the back 6' in the front...all treated lumber and a metal roof. Should hold about
2 cords of wood. More than enough for our backyard fire pit.

View attachment 761993

I like what you have. Looks great!

Some Good Looking sheds in here:numberone:Here's a few pics of my 2 cord shed

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I should have built the overhangs a bit longer, and a few more inches between the rows for better circulation, but it seems to season well, especially when I leave the tarps up as much as I can, and stays dry with them down, but is still able to "Breathe" enough that I don't get moisture problems

Some Good Looking sheds in here:numberone:Here's a few pics of my 2 cord shed

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I should have built the overhangs a bit longer, and a few more inches between the rows for better circulation, but it seems to season well, especially when I leave the tarps up as much as I can, and stays dry with them down, but is still able to "Breathe" enough that I don't get moisture problems

No pics again, same as your original 395 pics. Whatever you did to fix those, these need them as well.

Maybe he tripped over his wood pile and landed azz first on a split...:innocent: that wouldn't happen if it was stacked in a woodshed ;) :laughing:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. :)
I have been loading my shed up and it's stacking pretty good. I'll post another pic soon.
I could/and may/extend the front over hang. I could always close the back up and keep it dry. But for now I think is way better that what I had.
Thanks everyone :happy:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. :)
I have been loading my shed up and it's stacking pretty good. I'll post another pic soon.
I could/and may/extend the front over hang. I could always close the back up and keep it dry. But for now I think is way better that what I had.
Thanks everyone :happy:
I like it, good job. The little bit it gets wet from some driving rain once in awhile ain’t going to hurt anything. I would leave it as is.

I’d leave it open on both sides. That way you can empty one side and then pull wood from the other side as you start refilling the empty side.

That’s what I do on my main shed and it saves some extra moving of the wood. Every little bit helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back