Newbie - Initial Purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekAl

Reaction score
I have a $2000 budget
Can you recommend a SRT or Dual setup gear for recreational tree climbing and working (don't need rigging gear). I have looked at Wesspur and Treestuffs combo kits. Would like to purchase by individual item if better setup. I prefer spur and rope combo setup. I do not have any gear yet. Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek
All of the big name suppliers have great sales right now. Treestuff.com has a 1:50 free order promo also.
Do you have an idea of the saddle you like? You get what you pay for and is a matter of personal preference. I bought a Petzl Sequoia SRT on sale and love it. As far as gear for recreational climbing, spurs are not the way to go as they are not tree friendly. Most climbers, including myself, prefer the rope wrench system for cost, weight and simplicity. I recommend a good static 11 or 11.7mm rope from Yale, Samson or other brand name. Treestuff has a great price on Edelrid static 11 mm rope that I use and is a super value.
Stay with brand names and climbing specific vendors, not eBay or Amazon. Your life depends on it.

Thank you for the info. I did try the Sequoia srt and it felt good. I was leaning to the rope wrench. I was basically thinking the premium combo kit on Wesspur with the Sequoia srt harness instead of the treemotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back